Any way to passcode lock Buzz box?

Hhh

Hello Experts,

I have a 11 year old and I wanted to find out if there is a way to have a passcode restriction to view Buzz Box?

By default, you turn on Buzz TV and it starts in LIVE tv mode. and anyone can access VOD from there on.

Is there a way to childproof this?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Hhh said:

Hello Experts,

I have a 11 year old and I wanted to find out if there is a way to have a passcode restriction to view Buzz Box?

By default, you turn on Buzz TV and it starts in LIVE tv mode. and anyone can access VOD from there on.

Is there a way to childproof this?

Thanks!

that's not default

you set it that way

you need to be child proofed from the remote

Thanks for the responses.

Taking away the remote is one option, I was hoping not to remember and do that every time parents leave the house.

Adult VOD is locked, I am restricting any VOD or any LIVE tv. Trying to find a way for that?

Depending on the age of the "children" and how clever they are, you could put a remote power plug (like the TP-Link kasa plugs), and you can turn it off when you leave the house.  I use a bunch of TP-Link HS-103 to turn off a small space heater in my daughter's room and other devices (like xmas lights) when we are not home and we forget to turn it off.  I know older children may catch on and bypass the remote plug adapter, but it is something, better thank nothing 🙂

Guess for you, it would ideal to have an "application" password, which would prevent any launching the BuzzTV 5 LiveTV or VOD app.  Unfortunately it is not an option at the moment.