Buzz Box VOD subtitles disabled.

Hhh

Hello experts,

I had this issue last year and an update provided resolved it.  But I am seeing the same issue again.

I am able to turn on subtitles for Live TV.  works as expected.  But when I attempt to turn on subtitles for VOD, it shows as Disabled.

How can I fix this?  What am I possibly missing?

Thanks for the help

Are you sure the subtitles for the movie you are watching are not embedded into the movie (ie: not really a subtitle track) 🙂

Some services will take movies blindly off various sources (especially for newer movies) and will just put them on their service without trying to get something "clean", if it is even available.  So many released movies do often contained subtitles that are embedded in the video stream. Can't turn those off.  Not saying that is the case here, but something to consider.  

Have you tried using a different player for VOD ?  Primary, backup, or even external and use whatever player you want... ?  Just to see if all players have the same issue. 

I am not sure if subtitles are embedded into the movie. I dont know how to find that out. I was watching an old movie: The Mummy(original) with my daughter. They talk a lot of Egyptian language for which the actual movie shows English translation.  I wanted to turn on Subtitles in hopes to see that.  But it showed Disabled.

I just now tried another documentary and its disabled.

As far as player, I show PRIMARY as selected for LIVE. I have never touched that. I see a secondary option.  What does that even do?

Just noticed VOD player is selected as BACKUP.  Is that a problem?

Version: 5.0.906 10/19/2023

Thanks!

Edited by Hhh

Emporium had provided a playlist last year November 2022 , and I was able to view subtitles for his playlist. but then issue when viewing my TV.

The diff between LIVE (working subtitles) and VOD ( not working subtitles) is player?  The primary player for LIVE TV shows subtitles fine.  But VOD ( backup player) does not.

The problem is that most VOD are MP4 and do not have embedded subtitles by default.  Sometimes (mostly on the 4k releases) they are mkv containers which include many subtitle tracks.  Odds are that the VOD you chose do NOT actually include subtitles.  There are some external players which allow you to try to download subtitles from sources like opensubtitles, etc... Just tried the Mummy (on my service) and it doesn't have subtitles either.  Using Titan Player and selecting the subtitle option allows me to search on opensubtitles, and I chose one and it matched perfectly.  But it was subtitles for everything in this case, not just the foreign parts).

I also tried playing Barbie (4K version) using the "backup" player, and it had nearly 20 different subtitle languages to choose from 🙂  Same for Equalizer 3 (4k version).

wow, so I know that all of my streaming content on Buzz is non-4K.

Do I need to go in apps on Buzz, and download Titan player?

Could you please share what service/subscription you use. I currently pay like $10/ month and although it lists 4K, the quality is not 4K.

4 minutes ago, Hhh said:

wow, so I know that all of my streaming content on Buzz is non-4K.

Do I need to go in apps on Buzz, and download Titan player?

Could you please share what service/subscription you use. I currently pay like $10/ month and although it lists 4K, the quality is not 4K.

There is no discussion of services allowed here Please refresh yourself on the rules

• Like 3