Peacock on U5 box

sea157

I just installed the latest version 4.10.23, and installation works without an issue.

However, peacock has decided to limit the app to a very small number of "compatible" boxes.  So when it starts it just give the dumb message that "Sorry, Peacock is unavailable on this device.  Please see we-are-idiots.com for supported devices".

The issue is peacock's narrow minded corporate thinking.  Unlike netflix which will work, with some restrictions, if not on an "approved" box, this app just doesn't work at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Emporium said:

I just installed the latest version 4.10.23, and installation works without an issue.

However, peacock has decided to limit the app to a very small number of "compatible" boxes.  So when it starts it just give the dumb message that "Sorry, Peacock is unavailable on this device.  Please see we-are-idiots.com for supported devices".

The issue is peacock's narrow minded corporate thinking.  Unlike netflix which will work, with some restrictions, if not on an "approved" box, this app just doesn't work at all.

Yes that is the same message I get "Sorry, Peacock is unavailable on this device" I was hoping someone may have a work around for this but I guess not yet.

OK.. So you can download and give this version a try:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/peacock-tv-llc/peacock-tv-android-tv/peacock-tv-android-tv-1-11-6-release/peacock-tv-stream-tv-movies-android-tv-1-11-6-android-apk-download/

I installed it on my U5, and unlike the version in Aptoide, this one installs, starts and you can go to login screen and even read all the "privacy and terms of use" links, and even try to connect using phone login.

There is also this version which is designed for FireTV.  Seems to be the same simlar to the version above, but posting both just in case.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/peacock-tv-llc/peacock-tv-fire-tv-android-tv/peacock-tv-fire-tv-android-tv-1-11-6-release/peacock-tv-fire-tv-android-tv-1-11-6-android-apk-download/

I don't have a peacock account (and don't care for one) so I can't confirm that it logs in however.  But you can click on the Sign In option and go to the sign in screen.

The "choose a plan" option does not work (could b because of my VPN location) so just ensure to use a PC or other device to create a plan if you don't have one. 

And obviously, make sure you use a US VPN server.

Post back the results.

Edited by Emporium

56 minutes ago, dishuser said:

I already mentioned mobile version and they said it doesn't work

and that version was released on the 2nd which I said to try it

I know you did, but these are not mobile versions...  They are for FireTV and for AndroidTV version.

These versions definitely get past the usual internal check for compatibility however.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Emporium said:

I know you did, but these are not mobile versions...  They are for FireTV and for AndroidTV version.

These versions definitely get past the usual internal check for compatibility however.

same version for my samsung phone,android tv and fire tv

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Emporium said:

OK.. So you can download and give this version a try:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/peacock-tv-llc/peacock-tv-android-tv/peacock-tv-android-tv-1-11-6-release/peacock-tv-stream-tv-movies-android-tv-1-11-6-android-apk-download/

I installed it on my U5, and unlike the version in Aptoide, this one installs, starts and you can go to login screen and even read all the "privacy and terms of use" links, and even try to connect using phone login.

There is also this version which is designed for FireTV.  Seems to be the same simlar to the version above, but posting both just in case.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/peacock-tv-llc/peacock-tv-fire-tv-android-tv/peacock-tv-fire-tv-android-tv-1-11-6-release/peacock-tv-fire-tv-android-tv-1-11-6-android-apk-download/

I don't have a peacock account (and don't care for one) so I can't confirm that it logs in however.  But you can click on the Sign In option and go to the sign in screen.

The "choose a plan" option does not work (could b because of my VPN location) so just ensure to use a PC or other device to create a plan if you don't have one. 

And obviously, make sure you use a US VPN server.

Post back the results.

Emporium, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

This one worked for me !!

I not have Peacock installed and working perfect on my Buzztv U5 !

Thank you so much, you never cease to amaze me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dishuser said:

but you said it doesn't work when I said to try it...lol

Screenshot 2023-11-09 110555.jpg

Sorry dishuser, I must have downloaded the wrong version, because that version not work.

The link to the version Emporium pointed me to worked like a charm.

So if anyone needs the Peacock app that will work on a Buzztv U5 box this is the one they need.

Thanks for all the help guys!