Browser to play Downloaded/Recorded programs

amiran

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Lawrence Calhoun said:

Why has my U5 stopped all successful recordings? Every recording has failed the past 3 days due to "Format not supported" errors. At one it was working perfectly after i dsabled the TSkip. Then it went into 50/50 mode with recordings. Now they all have failed for the past 3 days. Can anyone help?

you just want to play 20 questions don't you?

• Like 2

Details:

My recordings are failing at an alarming rate. 

Format not supported by media errors

No recording found errors when the file is listed as completed.

My Samsung SSD hardrive is properly installed and formatted

The past 3 days not 1 recording worked.

1 was successful today

I have the same issues whether the Time Skip is on or off

I had non of these issues with my XRS4500. I thought i was buying an ugrade

2 hours ago, Lawrence Calhoun said:

Details:

My recordings are failing at an alarming rate. 

Format not supported by media errors

No recording found errors when the file is listed as completed.

My Samsung SSD hardrive is properly installed and formatted

The past 3 days not 1 recording worked.

1 was successful today

I have the same issues whether the Time Skip is on or off

I had non of these issues with my XRS4500. I thought i was buying an ugrade

If you knew what you are doing it would be.

• Like 1

You say "Samsung SSD hardrive is properly installed and formatted".   Stop making assumptions.  Just provide info.  Obviously something is wrong.   When you say properly installed and formatted ?  Formatted how ?  On what device ?   Using what file system type (FAT32, NTFS, exFAT) ? 

Have you tested the hard drive on a PC, to make sure you can properly write and read info onto it ?  I have had a few SSD (Samsung, Micron, etc..) all fail at one point.  I Samsung 850 Pro recently failed on my 4900 and it would suddenly eject for no reason.   Replaced it with an Intel SSD I had lying around and solved the problem.  And yes the SSD was getting flaky since I tried using it on a PC, and all seemed fine, and then at random the PC would crash and reboot.  So quick glance it seemed fine, but it really wasn't.

What player are you using for LiveTV ?  If you swap to the other player, do your streams also work fine ?

• Like 2

What i mean is i followed the instructions to the letter. No i have not tested the hard drive on a PC. It works perfectly at times and then there is a rash of random failures. I do occasionally check to make sure the SSD has not ejected. The "media format is not supported" error is most prevalent. I have no idea what it means. I am a 65 yr old barely computer literate neophyte. Honestly i don't know to test the SSD on a PC. Do i need to connect the U5 to my PC? How do i proceed to check it.

34 minutes ago, Lawrence Calhoun said:

What i mean is i followed the instructions to the letter. No i have not tested the hard drive on a PC. It works perfectly at times and then there is a rash of random failures. I do occasionally check to make sure the SSD has not ejected. The "media format is not supported" error is most prevalent. I have no idea what it means. I am a 65 yr old barely computer literate neophyte. Honestly i don't know to test the SSD on a PC. Do i need to connect the U5 to my PC? How do i proceed to check it.

Answer the questions in the last paragraph.

To test/format SSD you are best to connect it directly to a PC (either directly internally, or via a USB->SATA adapter) and then format it while ensuring the filesystem type is set to exFAT.   If you format the SSD on the U5 it will be formatted to FAT32 I believe (standard for Android and external filesystems), which will have the limitation of 4GB max single filesize limit, which is not an issue for short recordings, but it can fail for long recordings, or large VOD downloads (typically the 4k ones).

You can also temporarily test by removing the SSD, and using a USB key (connected to a blue USB 3 port).  Just make sure to set the destination in the settings to go to the USB key.

When you see "media format not supported", is that when just streaming live TV or VOD ?   Or when trying to playback something you recorded ?  As requested earlier, WHAT video player do you have selected in the menu->settings->configuration screen at the top left for the LiveTV and VOD options ?

Keep in mind that IF the stream is interrupted for any reason (bad Wifi, ISP glitch, etc..) the recording will fail, and will NOT resume.  So are you hardwired (cable) to your internet or dependant on a WiFi connection ?  If it is an option, try for a while to run an ethernet cable to the box.   There are quite a few variables, and you need to eliminate them one by one.

Does your IPTV service allow for more than one simultaneous connections ?   If not, are you possibly watching on another device when the unit tries to record ?

PS: You should never hijack someone elses thread.  Your topic has NOTHING to do with the original topic of this thread (which was over a month old).  You should start your own topic thread.

• Like 1