volume issue same on 2 buzz boxes

tooldady

After the last update

The volume is preset at maximum level when the box is turned on every time it is turned on I have the force max volume switch off on the remote apps of each also

any help would be appreciated

X5 64AI V20230815

HDS 4GB ram 32GB  android 11 V20230815

Thank you

Actually, this issue has been present on some boxes even Pre this last update.  I had this issue on my B5 and E5 (and so does another friend [actually 2 of them]).  I had reported it, and was told it was fixed, but I think the issue was accidently mistaken for another issue and told it would be included in the next OTA.   Well, last OTA came, and it did not fix it.  And I re-reported it to allaboutbuzz about 2 weeks ago (Aug 25), but figured with all the other little issues after the last update, he's been too busy to look into it.   However after reporting it, I realized that with the new update (1 of my X5 boxes is now also affected - don't recall which one of the 2 - I can check if it makes a difference).  It is strange.

To rule out any other app conflict, or settings combination, on the E5, I even did a factory reset (pin method). 

From the reset, the only thing I change is to change the power key definition to shutdown (instead of suspend).  All CEC is off, Force max volume is off also, and no other settings are touched.  Quick sequence of what I do

• Power up box
  • Comes up with volume is at max, so I lower it to just under 50% with remote, and then go into live TV
  • Exit Live TV, check volume and it is still at just under 50%, and then do a shutdown
  • Power up box again, and guess what, Volume is at max again. I can still control volume (since force max volume is off).  
  • I bring volume down to under 50% again, repeat everything above and it continuously repeatable. 

I assumed even though CEC was turned off, maybe something to do with the TV/Monitor I was using and forcing something, so I tried on 2 other TV, and made no difference.

On the E5 and B5 this was NOT introduced by the update.  This was even pre-update.  On the one X5 I have reproduced it on, it was only after the update (pre-update it was fine).

I strongly suspect something in the internal shutdown script.  2 reasons.  First is, that if I set to powerkey definition to suspend, then volume is not affected when you bring it up again.  Second (which is the most convincing), is that if I do the whole process above, but instead of shutting down, I pull the power, and then plug it back in to power up, then the volume remains at the last setting.  So wondering if there is some sort of reset, volume adjustment or save in the shutdown script which is causing the issue.

Anyhow, I am sure they will look at it soon.

It's not super critical.  Just need to remember to adjust the volume before launching LiveTV, otherwise we can raise the dead (or sleeping) 🙂

And it is NOT anything to do with the remote itself, since on the B5/E5 it is just basic IR remotes.  Even on my X5 (that just started exhibiting this issue after update), I have not configured anything but the basic BT pairing on the remote, since I have it connected to a Computer monitor 🙂

Cheers

Edited by Emporium

To be fair, he had legitimate questions.  If I had not experienced the exact same issue (so knew the details), there would be room for interpretation and he was just trying to ensure it was not a legitimate remote programming issue.  The BT400 (included with the X5) is a different beast than the older remotes and can be the source of confusion for many when programming was attempted and failed.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Emporium said:

To be fair, he had legitimate questions.  If I had not experienced the exact same issue (so knew the details), there would be room for interpretation and he was just trying to ensure it was not a legitimate remote programming issue.  The BT400 (included with the X5) is a different beast than the older remotes and can be the source of confusion for many when programming was attempted and failed.  

they also have the hd5

I asked about tv and I got everything so I am to assume that included tv?

I didn't ask about everything...I asked about tv

example...I have an issue so ask me questions while I be vague with answers and then bitch I didn't get help

let's be children and play 20 questions

I have no issues whether force volume is on or off and never have so good luck with your problem

Edited by dishuser
didn't mean to quote

35 minutes ago, dishuser said:

I apologize for previous reply but not for them answering question being vague

no alcohol and chemo makes me something something

I'm out and wish you the best of luck getting this issue resolved

Sorry to hear about the situation 😞 

And when I said "he had legitimate questions" I was referring to you.  The questions were pertinent and no you did not get an answer.

For the HD5, I honestly have not checked mine.  I keep forgetting about it, since it is dangling off the back of one of my 6 monitor setups in my home office, on the second HDMI input.  Guess I'll need to check it out in the next few days and see if it is affected.  

I'll maybe poke allaboutbuzz during the week and see if he has any ideas or some tests I can do to try to isolate the cause.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2023 at 7:23 PM, Emporium said:

Actually, this issue has been present on some boxes even Pre this last update.  I had this issue on my B5 and E5 (and so does another friend [actually 2 of them]).  I had reported it, and was told it was fixed, but I think the issue was accidently mistaken for another issue and told it would be included in the next OTA.   Well, last OTA came, and it did not fix it.  And I re-reported it to allaboutbuzz about 2 weeks ago (Aug 25), but figured with all the other little issues after the last update, he's been too busy to look into it.   However after reporting it, I realized that with the new update (1 of my X5 boxes is now also affected - don't recall which one of the 2 - I can check if it makes a difference).  It is strange.

To rule out any other app conflict, or settings combination, on the E5, I even did a factory reset (pin method). 

From the reset, the only thing I change is to change the power key definition to shutdown (instead of suspend).  All CEC is off, Force max volume is off also, and no other settings are touched.  Quick sequence of what I do

• Power up box
  • Comes up with volume is at max, so I lower it to just under 50% with remote, and then go into live TV
  • Exit Live TV, check volume and it is still at just under 50%, and then do a shutdown
  • Power up box again, and guess what, Volume is at max again. I can still control volume (since force max volume is off).  
  • I bring volume down to under 50% again, repeat everything above and it continuously repeatable. 

I assumed even though CEC was turned off, maybe something to do with the TV/Monitor I was using and forcing something, so I tried on 2 other TV, and made no difference.

On the E5 and B5 this was NOT introduced by the update.  This was even pre-update.  On the one X5 I have reproduced it on, it was only after the update (pre-update it was fine).

I strongly suspect something in the internal shutdown script.  2 reasons.  First is, that if I set to powerkey definition to suspend, then volume is not affected when you bring it up again.  Second (which is the most convincing), is that if I do the whole process above, but instead of shutting down, I pull the power, and then plug it back in to power up, then the volume remains at the last setting.  So wondering if there is some sort of reset, volume adjustment or save in the shutdown script which is causing the issue.

Anyhow, I am sure they will look at it soon.

It's not super critical.  Just need to remember to adjust the volume before launching LiveTV, otherwise we can raise the dead (or sleeping) 🙂

And it is NOT anything to do with the remote itself, since on the B5/E5 it is just basic IR remotes.  Even on my X5 (that just started exhibiting this issue after update), I have not configured anything but the basic BT pairing on the remote, since I have it connected to a Computer monitor 🙂

Cheers

We have now located this issue and fixed it

It will be included in our next Firmware updates later this month
The fix will apply to all Android 11 Models

• Like 4