New Update
Aug 24th, 2023

Firmware V20230815 Changes:

UPDATE TAKES UP TO 20 MINUTES TO DOWNLOAD + INSTALL YOU CANNOT REVERT BACK

Firmware Changes:

- Added Network Share Feature to Buzz Utilities
- Added New Auto Frame Rate Feature to Buzz Utilities- Updated to Latest SDK
- Fixed Wifi Bugs
- Fixed Suspend Feature in Power Off Options.- Updated preinstalled apps- Fixed a bug with HDMI Passthrough on 5.1 and 7.1 Audio

V884 Buzz TV 5 App
Changes:

- Added New Fav Groups Feature to Live + VOD + TV Series- Added New Backup/Restore Feature to Configuration Menu- Added 9 New Languages to Configuration Menu
- Added more Aspect Ratio Options to Subtitles and Options Menu (Green Button)- Fixed a bug on Backup Player not automatically playing the next TV Episode in VOD/TV Series
.- Fixed Password Lock Feature for Adult Content on VOD + TV Series- Fixed a TV Series bug with missing Episodes
- Fixed a bug when powering back on into Live TV- Fixed a bug for servers with 10,000+ Channels- Fixed a crash bug when changing categories/channels
- Added Change MAC Feature to Server Settings
- Fixed a bug on MAC Servers getting stuck on loading channel list.- Fixed some XC Login API bugs.- Fixed a bug with Date/Time on Modern Home Screen
- Fixed a bug with Catch-Up not working past one day on some servers- Fixed a bug on missing EPG Descriptions on some servers
- Fixed a bug when hiding All Categories and not being able to get any categories back
- Optimized App Performance.
- Updated MAC to FAST EPG API
- Optimized EPG for MAC + XC Login Servers
- Fixed a bug with some XC Login Servers getting False Error after logging in
- Fixed a bug with Ethernet Icon saying Connected on Home Screen when using Wifi
- Fixed a Restore Bug 
- Fixed a bug with Ethernet Icon saying Connected on Home Screen when using Wifi
- Minor Bug Fixes
- Fixed an EPG bug in Channel list, underneath Channel Name
- Fixed some crashes
- Fixed missing Movie Trailers on VOD
- Fixed a crash with Scheduled Recordings.
- Fixed a bug on MAC servers not locking Adult Channels in the All Category of Live TV
- Optimized EPG Loading for MAC Servers that don't use Fast EPG API
- Fixed Search by Channel Number when group numbering turned on
- Minor Bug Fixes
- Fixed a rare crash when changing sort option in Radio
- Updated TMDB API, fixed a minor issue caused by the recent TMDB API changes
- Fixed Fav Channel Group renumbering issue
- Fixed a Playback bug on HLS Streams
- Fixed a bug when unhiding categories in Organize Categories
- Fixed a Menu Highlight Bug on the last category of VOD Home.
- Fixed a Recording bug on M3U with 2+ Connection
- Fixed an XC Login XML EPG Bug
- Fixed a bug with missing Movie/TV Posters on VOD + TV Series
- Added Channel Rename Feature to Fav Groups
- Fixed bug with EPG missing underneath channel names in channel on XC login
- Fixed a recording bug on some codecs. 
- Added Fast Login to XC Login in Configuration and Server Settings
- Added Stream Format + EPG Type to XC Login in Server Settings
- Added Radio section to XC Login Servers which have Radio Categories in Live TV
- Added Automatic Stream detection to XC Login in Stream Type

Edited by allaboutbuzz
Forgot to add Change MAC Feature
  • Like 4

Hello,

Since the update (2023/08/25) the U5 apps, no longer output 5.1 sound. it was working fine the previous day (before the update).

I check all settings, reboot, did a factory reset, no success.

When I push the "green button", the menu indicate that the show is presented with 5.1 sound, but it only output a stereo stream on the HDMI out.

I check with multiple source, no success.

Finally, I check with a third party app (XCIPTV) and it work fine, the output is DD5.1 as it suppose to be, so the equipment and OS are OK, only the Buzz apps are not working.

Bye

Jacques

Hi,

As suggested, I check the Buzz apps configuration and it is set to "Primary" for both LiveTv & VOD/Series.

What is puzzling me it's that it was OK prior to the updated, and it still work fine (sound DD5.1) when using XCIPTV (installed on the same U5) instead of the Buzz app.

Any suggestions on what I can do?

I can use the XCIPTV app for now, but I preferred  the Buzz App, it was better.

The U5 is connected to a  "Integra DHC-80.2. While playing the same episode of the BBT series, the Integra report DD5.1 when I use XCIPTV  player and Stereo when I use the Buzz Player. Something must be wrong, maybe a configuration I did not find, for now everything should be by default. I did a factory reset, configure the server access, my Google account,  and change nothing else except that I installed XCIPTV from the Google Play Store.

I did install XCIPTV because of the problem with the Buzz Player. 

Bye

Jacques

15 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Hi,

As suggested, I check the Buzz apps configuration and it is set to "Primary" for both LiveTv & VOD/Series.

What is puzzling me it's that it was OK prior to the updated, and it still work fine (sound DD5.1) when using XCIPTV (installed on the same U5) instead of the Buzz app.

Any suggestions on what I can do?

I can use the XCIPTV app for now, but I preferred  the Buzz App, it was better.

The U5 is connected to a  "Integra DHC-80.2. While playing the same episode of the BBT series, the Integra report DD5.1 when I use XCIPTV  player and Stereo when I use the Buzz Player. Something must be wrong, maybe a configuration I did not find, for now everything should be by default. I did a factory reset, configure the server access, my Google account,  and change nothing else except that I installed XCIPTV from the Google Play Store.

I did install XCIPTV because of the problem with the Buzz Player. 

Bye

Jacques

Using SPDIF/Optical to the receiver

Or HDMI? 

4 minutes ago, Emporium said:

He did mention in his first post that " only output a stereo stream on the HDMI out"

Then there is only 2 settings I can think of that would prevent this
From the Home Screen
Go to Settings
Go to Device Preferences
Go to Display and Sound
Go to Advanced sound settings

Make sure Select formats is on Automatic

And you can try S/PDIF Output either ON or OFF to see if it makes a difference.

• Like 3

Yes I am connected via HDMI.

Yes Select formats is Automatic

Switching S/PDIF On or OFF have no effect.

When I push the green button, the audio format indicate Dolby 5.1 for that BBT show, but the Integra receiver reports "All channel Stereo" from the audio data stream encoded on the HDMI.

When I use XCIPTV for the same show, the Integra Receiver indicate "Dolby 5.1" so the hardware if working fine.

Please note that I am not fully sure, because I did not give much attention to the Integra screen before the Update, but while the Buzz app output 5.1 sound data stream, I think the receiver indicated "Multi Channel" not "Dolby", still the sound was correct and 5.1 as it should be.

Bye

Jacques

• Like 1

After Aug24 update on Both U5-32.

My issue is all my USB ports stop detecting properly.. my USB thumb drive or the tf card, after I format gets ejected ..SSD Drive no longer working(record to) .. when I format it it disappears ..I have to reformat on my Computer ..

PVR does not see any USB/SD/SSD drives  just the internal Driver

any a temps to record fails .. or if it says rec on the screen after record time it up I go to view on the thumbnails says only 1s ..

CEC is not working properly, when I turn off TV the U5 shuts down but comes back on.

1 hour ago, MAXDOUT said:

After Aug24 update on Both U5-32.

My issue is all my USB ports stop detecting properly.. my USB thumb drive or the tf card, after I format gets ejected ..SSD Drive no longer working(record to) .. when I format it it disappears ..I have to reformat on my Computer ..

PVR does not see any USB/SD/SSD drives  just the internal Driver

any a temps to record fails .. or if it says rec on the screen after record time it up I go to view on the thumbnails says only 1s ..

CEC is not working properly, when I turn off TV the U5 shuts down but comes back on

That sounds more like a storage permission issue on Buzz app or something. 

You can check this by doing the following

From the Home Screen

Settings

Apps

Buzz 5

Permissions

See what it says for Files and Media

Either Allow or Deny

As for CEC

Open the Smart Remote App

Click HDMI CEC

If the top 3 options for CEC are turned on. Turn them off and turn on both Virtual CEC options. 

• Like 1

I have 2 U5 and both are like this the tf card on both not detected .. USB thumb drives all not detecting .. when I format them after it's done it's ejected .. and can not read them I have to reformat on the PC .. both SSD drives on each U5 can not record to .. even though on the top corner says REC .. after it's done when I try to play it only shows no thumbnail and is only1s .. sometimes it would start try to record and fails to create fold and is removed..  Problem started after the update.. 

I just did a few tests on my U5, and don't seem to have any of the issues you mention.  I checked a random USB stick and my onboard SATA SSD and they are all seen. I check with the appinstaller app, and as a destination for PVR, and no issue.  I did not try with a TF card however, but I don't think it would be any different.  "android" in the image below, is my internal SSD.

spacer.png

Set PVR to record to SSD and have no issue either.  Just made 2 short recording, and they both record as expected and both playback as expected also.

spacer.png

I'm assuming you have not changed anything on your box ?  ie: it is still using the correct 12V power supply (since most other buzz boxes use 5V) ?  Didn't accidently swap it with another ?

Oops.. Forgot to mention.. Running V20230815 with BuzzTV version 5.0.891

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 1

Hi,

This morning, I did more tests in relation with the sound problem.

I tried connecting the U5 to another receiver via HDMI, a Yamaha HTR-6260, and I can confirm the same results; no 5.1 sound from the Buzz TV Apps, in all situation the Yamaha reports "Stereo" only, but if I use an alternative player, like the XCIPTV, I have 5.1 sound.

I also installed another player;  "IPTV Extreme Pro", and after a few tweak, it also play with Dolby D 5.1 on both receivers. In fact by default in Extreme Pro the "Audio HDMI Passthrough" is not active in the sound setups, turning it ON, did the trick and now that player also output 5.1 sound on both receivers.

So this make me remember that the original post indicate:  "Fixed a bug with HDMI Passthrough on 5.1 and 7.1 Audio". Maybe that "Fixe" do not work for me, or did it have some switch to turn it On/Off? If so where it is? I search in the U5 setups or Buzz Apps Setups, and did not find anything related to this.

Bye

Jacques

3 hours ago, Kone said:

Question.

I went to servers to change MAC. I pressed something to bring up quick settings. How do I do that again.

Also does changing Device ID 1 or 2 screws up with anything?

After you create the MAC server entry and you are in the main SERVER screen, when you select an entry, you will have 2 choices (clearly written on the bottom of screen).  Red button is to edit the details of the MAC.  Blue button to change MAC.   

Some servers use the DEVICE ID fields to marry/lock your sub to your receiver.  So if you change your device ID, you may need to ask your reseller to do a MAC reset on your account, to force it to clear the fields and re-marry to the next connection.  If your server does not use them, then it should have no side effect.  They are just another way for the server to identify your receiver.

• Like 1