How to hide VOD results in other languages

Hello Experts,

When I perform a VOD search for a movie, I get multiple movie results. Some of them are dubbed in another regional language and I have to sort to finally get to the original English version.

Is this something that comes with my provider or can this be addressed in my XRS4500 settings?

Thanks

Hh

There is not much at the moment that the Buzz box can do to solve this issue.

Maybe in some future update there could be a feature added to search only through a specific category (assuming the foreign language films are in a category of their own).  Or maybe sort results by category (as an option).  But right now, it searches ALL VOD.

You can maybe check with your provider.  Maybe they have an option to disable certain categories/languages (all depends how they have them bundled).

It is always nicer when all languages and sub tracks are encoded/multiplexed into a single mkv file.  That way single file to support multiple languages.   I do that for many of the movies in my personal library (at least for the subtitles).  I prefer movies in their original language audio, but I always download and multiplex the subs for 3 languages (to accommodate my parents and friends who may want a copy). 

I agree.  But here an original english movie is shown like 10 times in the result as the 9 are dubbed in different languages.

I'll check with my provider.

Do you know if I can hide Languages from my Channel list?  maybe this can trigger the VOD search results as well?

On Channel list, yes, you can hide any categories you want.  

When you press OK and you are in the channel list (not the EPG), I believe it is the Green button to "organize categories".   This will allow you to HIDE categories (check color legend on bottom of screen - I think it is yellow to show/hide categories).  And even select and move categories around to change the order (select category with "OK" button, and then press Blue button to move it (then use DPAD up/down to move the category).

Even though my provider has dozens of categories, I only have 10 or so visible since that is all I use and care about.  No point in keeping language categories visible when I don't speak or understand the language.

I don't know if VOD has anything similar, and I am not in front of my box right now to check.   But LiveTV and VOD are 2 different entities.  Filters you enable on one, will not affect the other.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Emporium said:

On Channel list, yes, you can hide any categories you want.  

When you press OK and you are in the channel list (not the EPG), I believe it is the Green button to "organize categories".   This will allow you to HIDE categories (check color legend on bottom of screen - I think it is yellow to show/hide categories).  And even select and move categories around to change the order (select category with "OK" button, and then press Blue button to move it (then use DPAD up/down to move the category).

Even though my provider has dozens of categories, I only have 10 or so visible since that is all I use and care about.  No point in keeping language categories visible when I don't speak or understand the language.

I don't know if VOD has anything similar, and I am not in front of my box right now to check.   But LiveTV and VOD are 2 different entities.  Filters you enable on one, will not affect the other.

Yes vod can be filtered too

• Like 1

Not sure I follow.  In Live TV I was able to use the GREEN button to list the categories and there I could filter the languages.

In VOD I am able to HIDE other languages, but when i search for a movie - the list of results also shows other languages.  Is there a way to filter the search results?

If I search for the movie Titanic. It will list 10 movies. Titanic(English), Titanic (Spanish), Titanic (another language)...and so on.

I have hidden other languages in VOD, but search result still shows like above. Not what I was expecting.