Storage

Nunzio D

you can download/transfer your apps to external storage but its not good idea. box might become glitchy and launching apps might get slow...etc. I did once long ago transfer my stuff to sd card in different box and had bad experience and ended up reset box almost in few minutes. 

its better to leave all the apps to built in storage because it has lots of storage plus you can add additional storage in bottom compartment for recording...etc

Edited by Ryu

Like Ryu mentioned.  You can format a microSD as "internal storage" aka adopted storage.  But as you probably already know, like other android devices (including phones), there are many apps that will NOT run very well if they are installed on the SD card.  And sometimes, they will not run at all.  Also had a bad experience on older boxes, would never try it again.

For some of the apps that use up a lot of storage (like Kodi), they have ways of having the app look for it's data in an alternate location (like an HDD or USB drive).  The following link was from another member who successfully did this on their X5.

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Change_data_location_for_Android

If you think that the 32GB would be restrictive for you (it is not for me - since unlike a phone, I am not installing loyalty apps, email apps, messaging apps, etc.. It is just streaming apps and a few vpn clients ), then you can always just get something like a "Classic" or an X5 and use USB external storage instead for your movies and stuff.

• Like 1