Freezing after standby

On 9/7/2020 at 2:43 PM, SloppyJoe said:

Hi there,

I have a client complaining about units after standby or power off .  When he guess to power back on everything freezes.  He has to completely remove supply to get this to reset.  Please provide a solution.

Thanks

This was an issue with a Firmware Version in March

It was fixed in the 0624 Firmware update
They can see which version they're currently running by doing the following

From the Home Screen
Go to the bottom row, select Updates.

It will tell them which version they're currently running and can also check for new updates there as well.

We cant force updates onto users, so sometimes users don't always take the latest updates.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, woody1000 said:

Both my new xrs4500's freeze.

Unable to move to cursor then all of a sudden it moves more than i time.

seems to be box freezing

I had the same problem ,but after I change the remote batteros all went back to normal ,is weird because I had freezing and slowing down on the Buzztv app too ,and the only remedy was to unplug the box (just try and change the batteries on the remote and if u have the arq remote change it in there too)

12 minutes ago, woody1000 said:

I have 2 xrs4500's and they both freeze up.  Its not the remotes.

What is necessary is the makers need to fix the buggy firmware !!

Doug

nothing wrong with the firmware I run 5 servers and the only freezing I get is when the server is having issues

Maybe you should look more into your freezing issue a bit better  especially when both boxes are having issue

Another good idea is to start your own thread and post more detail

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 2:43 PM, SloppyJoe said:

Hi there,

I have a client complaining about units after standby or power off .  When he guess to power back on everything freezes.  He has to completely remove supply to get this to reset.  Please provide a solution.

I have the exact same problem. I bought this product just a week ago and since then it has been a pain. If I turn off the device and then turn it back on the light will come on but nothing works, not even the remote control. To get it to work is like a game of chance. For the first few minutes it will keep turning off and on by itself. Don't get me wrong, when it does stay steady it works well. Something is VERY WRONG WITH THIS DEVICE, I regret buying it. 

5 hours ago, nbs. said:

When you turn it off are you putting it on standby or off?

Have you done a reset?

Where is the reset button on the hardware? Mine doesn't have hardware resort button on the hardware. I am close to returning this device to where I bought it. 

I did reset and the box seems to be working well like it did the first few days. I think the freezing problem started after the box did auto update online. However the screen still flickers once in a while and then stays steady. I ruled out network connection because flickering doesn't happen when playing Youtube video (for example).

32 minutes ago, JoeBless said:

I did reset and the box seems to be working well like it did the first few days. I think the freezing problem started after the box did auto update online. However the screen still flickers once in a while and then stays steady. I ruled out network connection because flickering doesn't happen when playing Youtube video (for example).

A flickering screen could be server source 

The problem has started all over again. Turned the device off and left it for about two hours. Now, it only turns on (blue LED) but nothing happens. Doesn't show anything on the screen. Anyone thinking of buying this device should think twice. I have to return this.

1 hour ago, JoeBless said:

The problem has started all over again. Turned the device off and left it for about two hours. Now, it only turns on (blue LED) but nothing happens. Doesn't show anything on the screen. Anyone thinking of buying this device should think twice. I have to return this.

Listen  Its frustrating but it happens Send it back but there is no need for you to bash the box

99.999 of users are happy with their 4500

Be thankful buzz have a great warranty 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, JoeBless said:

Well than ,contact Buzztv on their website and for sure they will help you out with a replacement ,they have very good customer service 🙂👍

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, nbs. said:

Listen  Its frustrating but it happens Send it back but there is no need for you to bash the box

99.999 of users are happy with their 4500

Be thankful buzz have a great warranty 

Sorry if my post came across as bashing the box. That wasn't my intent. The point is I got totally frustrated having spent so much time googling for solution, and left with nothing to watch TV during an important election. Don't get me wrong, the box is great when it is working , I said that earlier. However saying "99.999% of users are happy with their 4500" is an exaggeration. You need to look at some of the reviews on Amazon; some reported the exact some problem that I have with mine. Even some posters, here on this forum, reported that their freezes and won't respond to anything, not even to the remote. 

1 hour ago, Nelutz said:

Well than ,contact Buzztv on their website and for sure they will help you out with a replacement ,they have very good customer service 🙂👍

I really wish it was that easy for me. Firstly, I bought this off a local reseller I contacted online ON CASH, no receipt. Although it was BRAND NEW (factory sealed) I realized later from the reseller - AFTER THE FACT - that the transaction was NON-REFUNDABLE. I asked about EXCHANGE in case mine was defective and he became evasive... "oh after I look at the box...", "oh maybe not". Well I gave him the box to look at, already I am getting the runaround.  He said the box is good and I said sometimes it runs ok and other times it freezes and won't even respond to the remote. I know he's giving me the runaround.