Jump to content
Joshuas Gems

Power off box

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Joshuas Gems said:

I have multiple XR4000 and none of the fully power off. When I long hold power button and choose POWER OFF it reboots. 

Wtf is going on? They have updates and are brand new.

My 3000 shutdown. 

Its a software issue that needs to be fixed

We will fix it this month via OTA

 

For now just use suspend

It will work. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, floyddroid said:

I am having the same problem no matter what the power settings.  The front LED doesn't even go to red or off.  Blinks for a second and then backup so actually doing a reboot.

how did you get in the beta group when you can't even read?lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Joshuas Gems said:

Any news on update coming for the above issue?

Also instead of starting new thread. Is there a way of backing up faves list? When clear data as sometimes needed, it removes faves now on newer boxes?

I posted about this issue here

 

As for backup favorites.
Have you tried the Backup/Restore function in the Buzz Utilities menu?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joshuas Gems said:

Yes but that backs up whole system. Old Buzz XLP3000 when clear cache and data wouldn't clear faves. But new XR/XRS4000/4500 does.  would be nice to find a way to save since sometimes data clearing is necessary for proper function.

Under configuration menu of the Main Slide out Menu within Buzz 4 App

Turn on Server Favorites

 

This will save your favorites to the server you're using, if it supports it
Rather then the internal database on 4000/4500

Just do a reboot after turning it on to activate it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Joshuas Gems said:

Yes but that backs up whole system. Old Buzz XLP3000 when clear cache and data wouldn't clear faves. But new XR/XRS4000/4500 does.  would be nice to find a way to save since sometimes data clearing is necessary for proper function.

Clearing data is not necessary for proper function.

I have every buzz on the market and only ever had to do it once on a buzz 3000

Maybe you need to hit the home button twice quickly?

Edited by nbs.
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Buzz keeps coming out with new boxes when there's still problems with recent ones that need fixes.  Promises made to fix the shutdown problem never kept.  I use my XRS 4000 for movies that have been downloaded.  With the box on standby, it won't update the file directory on the external usb drive so I still have to unplug the power supply to get it to update.  What a annoyance.  I was given a recommended replacement for Buzz boxes that seems promising.  I know the Buzz support just isn't acceptable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't expect it to update the firmware just the directory on the external drive that I attach to view downloaded movies.  When I copy a movie from my pc to the external drive and then plug the drive back in to the Buzz box, the movie won't show in the directory until I depower the box completely, so if it is on standby it won't show any new files that have been added to the drive.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway that not the point, i expect to be able to shutdown the box, now i must put the xr4000 in standby, if i put shutdown the box restart, i have bluetooth not responding, i bought the new remote arq100(The guide has been replace by favorite), half of the button are not working, all these trouble are suppose to be fix day ago, but we are left in the dark. It's all little problem, but put together better to irritate me, it so sad because the xpl3000 was one of my favorite box at the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kerruptor said:

I don't expect it to update the firmware just the directory on the external drive that I attach to view downloaded movies.  When I copy a movie from my pc to the external drive and then plug the drive back in to the Buzz box, the movie won't show in the directory until I depower the box completely, so if it is on standby it won't show any new files that have been added to the drive.

it's not in standby

it's suspended

so how can it update when it's off?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Avenger said:

Anyway that not the point, i expect to be able to shutdown the box, now i must put the xr4000 in standby, if i put shutdown the box restart, i have bluetooth not responding, i bought the new remote arq100(The guide has been replace by favorite), half of the button are not working, all these trouble are suppose to be fix day ago, but we are left in the dark. It's all little problem, but put together better to irritate me, it so sad because the xpl3000 was one of my favorite box at the time.

both my arq-100 remotes work perfectly

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not because you have 2 remote that work perfectly mean something, just check this 

Allaboutbuzz said there a new remote and know the problem and should be fix in the next firmwire, but it been 2 month ago since is last post, same thing with the other other problem, didn't hear news for month now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dishuser said:

it's not in standby

it's suspended

so how can it update when it's off?

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.  I know the Buzz box won't do a firmware update until I turn it on.  The box won't shut off.  The only way I can shut it off is to unplug it.  When I leave it plugged into power, I put it to suspend as you say.  When I unplug the external drive to copy a new movie to the drive and then reconnect that drive to the suspended box it won't recognize any new files that have been added to the external drive until I unplug the box and re-power it.  Before the June update the box would shut off without unplugging it and any new files added to the portable drive would be recognized but not now if it's put to suspend.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...