Jump to content
allaboutbuzz

**NEW** XR + XRS 4500 Firmware + App Update - June 25th, 2020

Recommended Posts

NEW XR & XRS 4500 Official Update. June 25th, 2020
Firmware Version: V20200624
Buzz 4 App Version: 4.0.476

Update Message Will Appear on its own for you to take the Update

or
You can check for updates manually by doing the following
From the Home Screen
Go to Update on the bottom of the settings row
Check for Update.


V20200624 Firmware Update Changes:
- Updated Android Security Patch to May 2020
- Updated to latest Android 9 SDK
- Optimized RAM
- Added Working Netflix App
- Updated + Fixed Chrome App
- Added TeamViewer Quick Support. Remote Control support works now without a License.
- Updated Backup/Restore Feature. Box will reboot and install a 2nd time
- Fixed some Google App Crashes
- Fixed the ding notification in the background.
- Fixed the Media Player Launcher Crash
- Fixed Power ON/OFF in suspend mode when using Bluetooth Remote


Updated to Buzz 4 Version 4.0.476 Changes:

- Added Recently Watched Feature to VOD + TV Series
- Optimized + Reduced Memory Usage
- Fixed some memory issues
- Fixed Resume Feature in VOD
- Fixed some catch-up playback issues
- Fixed Apps Folder, installing + uninstalling apps now appear properly
- Improved Channel Zapping Speeds
- Added saving Closed Captioning + Audio Track per Live TV Channel + Movie/TV Show
- Fixed Video Playback issues.
- Fixed some search bugs
- Fixed some crashes
- Fixed some issues with Forwarding URLs
- Fixed some issues with MAC Portals
- Fixed Bug when using 24 Hour Time in Configuration menu
- Fixed some M3U issues
- Fixed some M3U XML EPG Issues
- Fixed some Server loading issues, when adding a server for the 1st time
- Fixed some issues with FFWD/REW on VOD & Catchup
- Fixed some bugs with Catchup Playback.
- Added Ch +/- acts as page up/down buttons when in Channel list or Grid EPG.
- Added Movie + TV Show names to VOD/TV Series Search
- Fixed an issue with some channels not playing in Live TV
- Fixed an issue with FFWD/REW on Catch-Up + VOD/TV Series.
- Fixed an issue with channels not staying in Favs group when you change channels to another Fav channel
- Optimized Start on Boot to connect to server faster when powering up from a full shutdown or doing a restart.
- Fixed an issue when scrolling EPG grid, that if another program had started within the 30 min time slot, the currently playing program will be highlighted now.
- Fixed an issue with VOD/TV Series when using Secondary Player and getting Media Format not supported error, it will work now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Netflix doesn't work, doesn't connect. 

"sorry, we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later. (-14)"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Chris T said:

Netflix doesn't work, doesn't connect. 

"sorry, we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later. (-14)"

If you already had a version installed before the one we sent
Our version doesn't replace that version

 

Just tried to play Hotel Transylvania 3

On version 6.26.1 build 15 31696 that we provided on this OTA update, and it worked no problem for 5 minutes now
The version that everyone keeps trying to install from the Aptoide Store is the one giving issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris T said:

Netflix doesn't work, doesn't connect. 

"sorry, we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later. (-14)"

I just signed in to netflix .it works fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VOD on my server works good only with the secondary player ,the default player is out o sync ,so don't use the default player🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how do I get your version of Netflix? 

I uninstalled it and it reinstalled on reboot but still doesn't work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, allaboutbuzz said:

If you already had a version installed before the one we sent
Our version doesn't replace that version

 

Just tried to play Hotel Transylvania 3

On version 6.26.1 build 15 31696 that we provided on this OTA update, and it worked no problem for 5 minutes now
The version that everyone keeps trying to install from the Aptoide Store is the one giving issues.

So how do I get your version of Netflix? 

I uninstalled my Netflix and when rebooted it reinstalled and still doesn't work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Chris T said:

If you already had a version installed before the one we sent
Our version doesn't replace that version

 

Just tried to play Hotel Transylvania 3

On version 6.26.1 build 15 31696 that we provided on this OTA update, and it worked no problem for 5 minutes now
The version that everyone keeps trying to install from the Aptoide Store is the one giving issues.

Ok, so i reset the box and now Netflix does work ish, it connects and you can play a film , but you cant scroll down through the films with the supplied remote or the ARQ100  remote.

Unless anyone has any ideas it's pretty useless like that, the old firmware was the same for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris T said:

Ok, so i reset the box and now Netflix does work ish, it connects and you can play a film , but you cant scroll down through the films with the supplied remote or the ARQ100  remote.

Unless anyone has any ideas it's pretty useless like that, the old firmware was the same for me.

Use you mouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nbs. said:

Use you mouse

Both remotes have a mouse function.

It does not work. 

If you mean use a mouse from a computer, that just sucks big time. 

Waste of time putting it on the box if you have to use a physical mouse!!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, nbs. said:

No I had no issues using a mouse

I also only had to use my mouse on the home oage Most times its not needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chris T said:

Both remotes have a mouse function.

It does not work. 

If you mean use a mouse from a computer, that just sucks big time. 

Waste of time putting it on the box if you have to use a physical mouse!!!!!! 

If you have the ARQ-100 try putting in mouse mode and hold down the ok button while moving the pointer up and down. The screen I believe will scroll. Also I believe you can hold ok and drag left to right too. I don't use netflix so I thinking from memory. Cant hurt to try. Hope it helps.

Edited by Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, nbs. said:

No I had no issues using a mouse

Thank you for your reply

But if you have to use a mouse physical mouse for a STB connected to a tv it quite obviously doesn't work.

Not everyone has a table or flat arm of a chair to use a mouse on.

if it doesn't work with the supplied equipment then it shouldn't be there in the first place.

if i wanted to use a mouse i'd sit in front of my computer to watch netflix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mark said:

If you have the ARQ-100 try putting in mouse mode and hold down the ok button while moving the pointer up and down. The screen I believe will scroll.

I will try that.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chris T said:

Thank you for your reply

But if you have to use a mouse physical mouse for a STB connected to a tv it quite obviously doesn't work.

Not everyone has a table or flat arm of a chair to use a mouse on.

if it doesn't work with the supplied equipment then it shouldn't be there in the first place.

if i wanted to use a mouse i'd sit in front of my computer to watch netflix.

i did not say I was using a physical mouse 

I was using the remote mouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chris T said:

I will try that.

Thank you.

 

2 minutes ago, Chris T said:

If you have the ARQ-100 try putting in mouse mode and hold down the ok button while moving the pointer up and down. The screen I believe will scroll.

Cheers Mark 

That works 

Thank you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nbs. said:

i did not say I was using a physical mouse 

I was using the remote mouse

I'm talking about the remote mouse. I'm pretty sure if you hold the ok button down on one of the shows and move left or right the rows and page will move with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nbs. said:

i did not say I was using a physical mouse 

I was using the remote mouse

Thanks for your help

But Mark solved it for me

Cheers anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris T said:

Thank you for your reply

But if you have to use a mouse physical mouse for a STB connected to a tv it quite obviously doesn't work.

Not everyone has a table or flat arm of a chair to use a mouse on.

if it doesn't work with the supplied equipment then it shouldn't be there in the first place.

if i wanted to use a mouse i'd sit in front of my computer to watch netflix.

Glad buzz didnt waste their time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting a error while installing the new software. once I download the software, the box restart itself and goes into software installation but then I get a error and it just restart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I'm getting a error while installing the new software. once I download the software, the box restart itself and goes into software installation but then I get a error and it just restart. 

Do a reset then try

If you have a lot of apps use the backup/restore function

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sonny said:

I'm getting a error while installing the new software. once I download the software, the box restart itself and goes into software installation but then I get a error and it just restart. 

PM me please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...