U5 Factory reset?

sea157

How can I factory reset my U5?

I do not want this to control my TV!

When I put it to suspend upon power off it never goes off, light just stays blue never turns red!

As of right now I am VERY disappointed in this box, Paid $260.00 for it and it doesn't work near as good as my 4500 boxes.

I am now trying to do a scheduled recording that should start box and record then after recording the box should shut off, if this function doesn't work this box will go back!

To factory reset you go to "settings" icon on the top, select "settings", "device preferences", "about" and there should be an option for "factory reset".

I typically always do a "shutdown".  But I just switched it to powerkey definition on my U5 to "suspend" and even "force suspend" and for some reason it is ignored (like you mentioned).  This is obviously a small bug which will surely be corrected in a very near future update.

I did however set mine for "power off", and that works fine and goes RED.  However if you have a recording set, it will power on 2 minutes before the recording (even if it is not in suspend mode), and it will start the recording 2 minutes later as scheduled.

The only way I can get mine to stay off is to remove the power cord.

If it shuts down and turns red as soon as I turn my TV on to use our cable box the U5 box turns on automatically!  

I do not want the U5 box to have any control over my TV and I don't know how to stop it from controlling my TV.

Any help would be appreciated!!

14 minutes ago, dishuser said:

so because the light doesn't turn red it isn't in suspend mode?

In my case, the U5 literally does nothing if I have the powerkey def set to "suspend" or "force suspend".   It's not just the LED 🙂

When set to shutdown it does shutdown.  I have not tested the reboot/restart option.

@sea157do you have any CEC options enabled in the HDMi settings ?

Now I want to see it it turns on and records the program I have set to record at 5PM then shuts off after it records for an hour.

If it can do that I will be very happy with it.

It seems like they have quite a few bugs to work out in the U5 yet, I wish these would have been all worked out before it was put on sale being this is the highest price box they are selling.

17 minutes ago, sea157 said:

Now I want to see it it turns on and records the program I have set to record at 5PM then shuts off after it records for an hour.

It seems like they have quite a few bugs to work out in the U5 yet, I wish these would have been all worked out before it was put on sale being this is the highest price box they are selling.

did you get a 1tb drive and extra remote?

1 hour ago, sea157 said:

Will you list the bugs you are referring to?

• Like 1

nbs, the main bug I have right now is this will not let you shut down in the suspend mode, the only way you can shut down is in the shut down mode.

I always liked to shut down in the suspend mode because when I start up again it goes right to the channel I was watching when I shut down.

I needed to go to the IR 200 remote to get everything setup to work like I wanted it to.

With the BT400 remote every time I would shut down, the TV would go off, and when I turned the TV on to watch my cable box the Buzz U5 would turn back on even though I did not turn it on with the BT400 remote.

With the IR200 remote everything is working like I want it to.

20 minutes ago, sea157 said:

nbs, the main bug I have right now is this will not let you shut down in the suspend mode, the only way you can shut down is in the shut down mode.

I always liked to shut down in the suspend mode because when I start up again it goes right to the channel I was watching when I shut down.

I needed to go to the IR 200 remote to get everything setup to work like I wanted it to.

With the BT400 remote every time I would shut down, the TV would go off, and when I turned the TV on to watch my cable box the Buzz U5 would turn back on even though I did not turn it on with the BT400 remote.

With the IR200 remote everything is working like I want it to.

So you want it to shut down in suspend mode? It's not supposed to shut down in suspend mode

On the U5, at the moment, if you have the powerkey definition set to "suspend" or "force suspend" (I tried both) it does nothing more than bring you to the home screen.  It will not put the device in suspend (as we know it on other devices).  Light stays blue and screen stays on.  (NOTE: I am using the BT400, with remote paired, I have not tried with IR remote, if that makes a difference.  It should not, but maybe something slipped through the crack).

Also, unlike previous devices, when the new devices (at least on the X5 - but I will test again) prepare to go into suspend mode, they go to the home screen first.  So when you come out of suspend, it is quick in resuming since it doesn't go through the boot sequence, but you are in the home screen, not in liveTV even if that is where you were when you hit the power key to go into suspend.

Yes I always liked the suspend mode like it was on the Buzz4 app.

When you shut down in the suspend mode in Buzz 4 app it completely turned the box off, saved some electric and also gave the box  a chance to cool down also.

And I liked as soon as you turned it back on you were right back to where you stopped it.

But I will say the recording features in the  Buzz 5 app works GREAT !!  In the Buzz 4 app it never worked any good at all. lol

I just tested suspend on my second 4900 which I JUST finally got around to upgrading to buzztv 5 earlier this afternoon.  

Works as expected.   When you have power definition set to suspend, and you are watching LiveTV, it will just put the device into a sleep state, screen turns off, and unit goes from Blue LED to Red LED.  When you power it back on, it will come one nearly instantaneously, and resume in LiveTV and then  continue streaming the same channel you were tuned to when you went into suspend.

So the issue is not with BuzzTV 5.  It is something in the U5 firmware specifically and like dishuser mentioned, I am sure it will be fixed shortly.

dishuser,

Are you saying on other Buzz TV boxes running Buzztv 5 the suspend shut off mode turns the box off like it did in the buzztv 4 app and when you start back up you go right back to where you were before you shut down?

If that is what you are saying then yes it must just be a bug in the U5 that I hope they can fix in the future.