Catch Up Glitch

Dave J

I’ve found a strange glitch in the live TV catch up. When in catch up, if you press the up button, the pop up asks if you want to exit to live TV. If you press OK it changes the channel to the second channel in the category you are in (channel 2). If you follow the same procedure and press the down arrow, then OK, it changes the channel to the last one in the category. To exit to live TV without changing channels I enter the channel number that’s in catch up and it returns to live tv. Tried this in different catagories, on both players, and on two boxes with the same results.

7 hours ago, Dave J said:

I’ve found a strange glitch in the live TV catch up. When in catch up, if you press the up button, the pop up asks if you want to exit to live TV. If you press OK it changes the channel to the second channel in the category you are in (channel 2). If you follow the same procedure and press the down arrow, then OK, it changes the channel to the last one in the category. To exit to live TV without changing channels I enter the channel number that’s in catch up and it returns to live tv. Tried this in different catagories, on both players, and on two boxes with the same results.

Fixed today in version 5.0.742 in Beta

Please try it and let me know

Thanks

If you're in live TV and use the reverse to go back in time, then push the up or down arrow the channel will change to live TV one channel up or down. If in live TV you push the right arrow, then go back in time to a previous show, then push the up or down arrow, it changes the channel to the top or bottom of the category as before. Almost there.

beta 742 still same issue. tried both up and down button and did exactly what OP wrote.

but in catch up if I press back button it asks me to go live or continue catch up and if I click live and it works fine.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

Sorry, I had to correct a few omissions. If you're in live TV and use the reverse to go back in time, then push the up or down arrow, then OK the channel will change to live TV one channel up or down. If in live TV you push the right arrow, then go back in time to a previous show, then push the up or down arrow and OK, it changes the channel to the top or bottom of the category as before. Almost there.

4 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

which one?

while watching catchup press arrow up and down does not take you to live tv. arrow up takes you to second channel and arrow down takes you to last channel in channel category instead of live tv. 

Edited by Ryu

In Live TV, press right arrow, go back in time. Then press up (or down) arrow, then OK to go back to live TV. That's where the glitch occurs as the channel will go to the top or bottom of the category instead of up (or down) one channel.

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

In Live TV, press right arrow, go back in time. Then press up (or down) arrow, then OK to go back to live TV. That's where the glitch occurs as the channel will go to the top or bottom of the category instead of up (or down) one channel.

you mean in catchup right? 

4 minutes ago, Dave J said:

So this is just how it works
We have done it this was for 7 years on all our apps

From the Dev Team:

When you press up or down the app switches to the next or previous channel.
It works exactly the same way when catch up is working. The only difference it asks if you want to stop catch up before switching channel.
It is not supposed to stay on the same channel and switch to live if you press up or down

• Like 1

We reproduced this bug

It only happens when you play catchup from Single EPG

From the Grid Guide it works fine

We will fix it today or tomorrow in a new Beta Update.

21 hours ago, Dave J said:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, allaboutbuzz said:

We reproduced this bug

It only happens when you play catchup from Single EPG

From the Grid Guide it works fine

We will fix it today or tomorrow in a new Beta Update.

Fixed on V745 in Beta

Sent just now to all Beta users on Android 9 Devices