Disney plus

Chris1

Did you try updating to the latest version of the app ?  Latest version was released yesterday and it is version 2.16.2-rc2.

In case you need a copy of the latest APK, I have put a copy in the link below.  It easily installs and updates the preinstalled version on the X5 without a problem.  Unfortunately, all I can say is that it starts, since I don't have a disney+ account.  You can test it and report back if it is any better.

https://anonfiles.com/O9o2FeW5y0/com.disney.disneyplus_2.16.2-rc2-23013110_minAPI21_nodpi_apk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dishuser said:

sure looks like it's gonna be a pita to use since they do updates days apart from each other

If that is the case and if they always insist on latest version (which would be annoying), then only real option I see is to login to the google play store, install it from there and let the play store keep it up to date regularly.

Not of fan of using the google play store on these devices myself.  I prefer to sideload all my apps.  I keep a USB stick up to date with all my latest apk files in order to quickly be able to install on any device.

20 minutes ago, Emporium said:

If that is the case and if they always insist on latest version (which would be annoying), then only real option I see is to login to the google play store, install it from there and let the play store keep it up to date regularly.

Not of fan of using the google play store on these devices myself.  I prefer to sideload all my apps.  I keep a USB stick up to date with all my latest apk files in order to quickly be able to install on any device.

I already posted message from play store

it also says to contact developer which is why I said to send an email

you just get an error when you click update and select aptoide

22 minutes ago, dishuser said:

I already posted message from play store

it also says to contact developer which is why I said to send an email

you just get an error when you click update and select aptoide

For now, you can use the APK I posted above.  It will install/update to the latest version without a hitch.  I did it on my X5 and installed and mention that it would update my existing installation.  Keep in mind that very often Aptoide will only show you the general Android version, not the AndroidTV version.  The link I have provided above is to a copy of the APK for AndroidTV (which is what we want on the Buzz).

I had a similar glitch with the Windscribe VPN client, which aptoide only offered the Android version which made it painful to use with just a remote, since it required mouse cursor.  Downloaded the AndroidTV version, installed that and it was so much better and optimized for use with a standard remote.

3 minutes ago, Emporium said:

For now, you can use the APK I posted above.  It will install/update to the latest version without a hitch.  I did it on my X5 and installed and mention that it would update my existing installation.  Keep in mind that very often Aptoide will only show you the general Android version, not the AndroidTV version.  The link I have provided above is to a copy of the APK for AndroidTV (which is what we want on the Buzz).

I had a similar glitch with the Windscribe VPN client, which aptoide only offered the Android version which made it painful to use with just a remote, since it required mouse cursor.  Downloaded the AndroidTV version, installed that and it was so much better and optimized for use with a standard remote.

I had to do the same for moviebox last year

what I'm trying to get across is that's the only option for android 11 not every buzztv model

check how many updates that app has had in the last 2 months...lol

look at what section this is in and notice it took up until the 6th post for op to post the model...lol

• Like 1

I hear ya.   But does this app INSIST on always having the latest version in order to watch ?  That would be ludicrous if they impose that kind of limitation.   I don't always care to have the latest version honestly of any app.  Typically I only update apps if I encounter a bug and see in the changelog that it has been fixed or some attempt to fix it.   Usually I am the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guy (unless I have  committed to testing some beta).