Latest Updates

Hi folks. I haven’t posted anything for a while, so I thought I would give an update on my XRS 4500’s. I’m currently running FW V20220919 with Buzz5 version 5.0.783, and both boxes are running perfectly. I’ve been running on the new firmware since October 14th and haven’t had any issues to deal with. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, recording all working as expected. Current iteration of backup works fine but is not interchangeable between boxes. TWRP will hopefully solve that when it becomes available. Just a note about Wi-Fi, I was having issues a few months ago with dropped connections and router issues, so I installed two powerline adapter kits with Wi-FI extenders. No more WIFI issues, as these units work very well, and no LAN cabling required. 

Hats off to the Buzz team for their great support.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

Hi folks. I haven’t posted anything for a while, so I thought I would give an update on my XRS 4500’s. I’m currently running FW V20220919 with Buzz5 version 5.0.783, and both boxes are running perfectly. I’ve been running on the new firmware since October 14th and haven’t had any issues to deal with. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, recording all working as expected. Current iteration of backup works fine but is not interchangeable between boxes. TWRP will hopefully solve that when it becomes available. Just a note about Wi-Fi, I was having issues a few months ago with dropped connections and router issues, so I installed two powerline adapter kits with Wi-FI extenders. No more WIFI issues, as these units work very well, and no LAN cabling required. 

Hats off to the Buzz team for their great support.

What power line adapters and Wi-Fi extenders are you using?

I am thinking about going that route but I want something that works.

I went with a pair of TP-Link units (not sure if I can post the model number, so I'll pm you the details if you want them). I turned off my cable router's internal wi-fi, and added a powerline adapter to one of the LAN ports. Then I installed one extender on the main floor and one downstairs, set up my wi-fi network with the old credentials, and it literally lit up the house with a strong wi-fi signal. That left me with one spare adapter to use anywhere I need to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dave J said:

I went with a pair of TP-Link units (not sure if I can post the model number, so I'll pm you the details if you want them). I turned off my cable router's internal wi-fi, and added a powerline adapter to one of the LAN ports. Then I installed one extender on the main floor and one downstairs, set up my wi-fi network with the old credentials, and it literally lit up the house with a strong wi-fi signal. That left me with one spare adapter to use anywhere I need to.

Thanks Dave I got your PM and will check them out.