Powerkey Suspend Function Not Working with Samsung TV

Sailesh Varia

I'd be very grateful for any advise to resolve the following operational issue I am having with my XRS4900 device when trying to use the Powerkey "suspend" option. This is a brand new device I bought 2 days ago from Kuul Media in Ilford,

Set Up

I am using a Samsung Smart TV (Model UE55D8000) with Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) connected to my BuzzTV box. 

On my BuzzTV box I have the following settings in place:

HDMI CEC - CEC Switch "On", One key play "On", Device auto power off "Off" and Auto change language "off".

Powerkey definition - "suspend" selected.

Issue description

When pressing the green "STB Power" button on my BuzzTV remote, the device does disconnect for a second with the picture on my TV showing, along with a message I get on my TV stating "disconnecting Anynet+ device". However the BuzzTV screen reappears again on the TV without me doing anything when it should stay off.  

I'd be very grateful if anyone can suggest any actions I can take to resolve this issue as everything else seems to work perfectly and I'm otherwise happy with the device. Note, that the other Powerkey definition options "Shutdown" and "Restart" work fine, including the when the device starts up and switches on my TV.

Look forward to receiving any technical guidance to resolve this problem.

Edited by Sailesh Varia

Turning auto power off to on switches off my TV, which I don't want. I just want my BuzzTV box to go in sleep mode with my TV on. 

Note that I was using a Minix box before and the suspend function was working perfectly with my TV, so I believe my TV settings are correct. 

Turning off the HDMI CEC setting to "off" means that I have to manually switch my TV source and also my TV won't switch on automatically when I power up my BuzzTV box.

Therefore, this does not resolve the issue of the suspend function not working as it should on my XRS4900 device.

If all my software settings are correct then is this a firmware bug on the unit or do I have a defective box? 

On 7/31/2022 at 5:25 AM, Sailesh Varia said:

Turning off the HDMI CEC setting to "off" means that I have to manually switch my TV source and also my TV won't switch on automatically when I power up my BuzzTV box.

Therefore, this does not resolve the issue of the suspend function not working as it should on my XRS4900 device.

If all my software settings are correct then is this a firmware bug on the unit or do I have a defective box? 

So you want the Box to go off, but the TV Stay on.
And if you power off the TV, the next time you power on the box the TV goes on?