Data Usage

Edwv30

This might be a dumb question but I need to ask!  I used to use my Buzz box as a MAG device only.  I love the setup as everything is is simple and automated.  My old provider shut down last year and I went with another provider who didn't offer MAG access so I had to install IPTV Smarters using a username and password.  I didn't like the picture quality as well but I noticed the data usage was extremely low compared to using my box as a MAG device.  When using as a MAG device I would have to disconnect for many hours per day to not exceed my data cap.  I can leave the television streaming 24/7 using the IPTV Smarters app and I never come close to reaching my data cap.  Is this due to the quality of streams between the providers or is there a setting on the Buzz box where I can limit data throughput?  I have been using the XPL3000 for the last couple of years and my new 4500 is arriving this week - I want to make sure everything is setup correctly.  Thanks!

• Like 1