Buzz 5 ai/ax -c 128 usb c

Jedab

Hello all.

i had gotten the ax box in July. When bootup completes I get the message diag mode boot completed detected twice.

i cannot watch tv unless the second message displays. And at least every hour and a half to two hours the box displays on my tv screen lost internet connection check your internet.

none of this happened with my original box buzz 5.

the new box is ai/ax 128 with usb c.

most of the time when the box displays lost internet it actually didn’t  sometimes when it really lost the internet connection I can go to settings/server and reconnect. Other times I can refresh. Other times I have to shut it off and then restart the box.

im assuming that this behavior is not normal.

this never happened with the buzz box I bought a few years ago.

nothing else besides the buzz box loses internet, the actual tv, the computer I am using at the time, my iPad nor my Samsung smartphone.

is there something that I can do or will I just have to accept that this is the behavior of the box?

thank you for reading my rant 

Jerry 

Edited by Jedab

• Jedab changed the title to Buzz 5 ai/ax -c 128 usb c

For the :message "message diag mode boot completed", curious if you are using the "Monitor Dot" application.  The beta version was known to generate this message.

For the internet connection issue, I'd do a reset like proposed by nbs.  However are you using wired or wireless ?  As a test, is it possible to try using "wired".

If you are using WiFi, it could be a compatibility with the new AX wifi on this box and your existing router.  Does your router have separate 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz separate bands showing 2 differennt SSID, or does the router handle auto band steering (with only single SSID) ?  If you can disable band steering, and have 2 separate SSID (one for 2.4Ghz and one for 5Ghz), that way "you" can decide what band you connect to, it would be best and more stable.