Running Buzz5 software on my powerstation

sts41

So I think it will be many months before Buzz 6 is ready for regular use.

If I get my Provider to reset my connection so I can select Buzz 5:

Is there a way to get powerstation to start in Buzz 5, or must I select the app each time?

Will recordings automatically work from the app? Will it startup powerstation in Buzz 5 and record shows?

Thanks Steve

I'll start with the easy one. 

"Is there a way to get powerstation to start in Buzz 5, or must I select the app each time? "

I just went into Buzztv 5, went into menu->settings->configuration, and turned on the "Start liveTV at boot" .  Then exited BuzzTV 5, pulled the power on my box and then put it back.  Glad to report, that it boots up, and then seconds later it launches BuzzTV 5.

For the rest, I guess you can test it 🙂

But the latest update going out today does fix quite a few of the issues with BuzzTV 6.  Don't get me wrong, it still has a few issues to be cleaned up, but overall, it can be used for daily watching now (many of the freezing and stream issues have been addressed)..

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Because changing back and forth requires me to involve my provider, I don't want to send the poor guy a reset request every other day.

Here is what I found in Buzz 5 so far....

Far less "Stream Error" in catchup

Multiday recording works. (In Buzz6 it would record the first occurence and then erase schedule)

IR Pause button doesn't work in either Buzz6 or Buzz5, but I believe that is a firmware rather than app issue.

The Guide button appears to be tied to the Buzz6 servers since when I press Guide, it asks me to enter a server.  But Menu-> EPG works fine as a workaround.

I will be testing Backup and Restore in Buzz5....

This is only Day 1 and for the most part it is working better for me. I will watch the updates and if I see enough progress, I will go back to Buzz6

• Like 3

On 8/19/2024 at 5:53 PM, Chris1 said:

I have more luck with reconding in buzz6 then buzz5 so far 

You appear to be correct, but neither is much good. With Buzz6 any multi-day recording erases the schedule after one time through. So have to re add everyday. But it seems to understand how a clock works and will record for the period programmed into it.

Buzz5 keeps the multi-day schedule, but couldn't read a clock to save its live. Put 40 minutes, clips it to 30 everytime, if it records that much at all. 🙂

45 minutes ago, sts41 said:

You appear to be correct, but neither is much good. With Buzz6 any multi-day recording erases the schedule after one time through. So have to re add everyday. But it seems to understand how a clock works and will record for the period programmed into it.

Buzz5 keeps the multi-day schedule, but couldn't read a clock to save its live. Put 40 minutes, clips it to 30 everytime, if it records that much at all. 🙂

Thanks for reporting this
We will look into it and fix it

• Like 1