Pause on BT-500 is different than older BuzzTV Remotes

sts41

I just can't figure out why they would do this.... But here goes.

I use a Harmony remote (Yes I am holding on tight since they are no longer made or supported), Every single key that was programmed for my 4500 worked except the Pause key.

I said, not an issue, just learn it from the BT-500.... But BT-500 does not send out IR along with the BT.

So question is....

1) is there a way to turn on IR for the standard keys? I am assuming the IR port is for controlling TV's.... That way I could get the Harmony to learn the code.

2) Does anyone know the programmed sequence for the Pause button..... I could test, and then create a programmer with an Arduino.

Any help would be appreciated

Pretty sure if you just unplug the power of your P6 box, then the BT500 would not be paired, and it would emit IR.  

I am not home now to test, but if it reacts like other BT buzz remotes, it will emit IR, until such time that it pairs with the box again.  And from the comments above, I am assuming the BT500 is the same.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Emporium said:

Pretty sure if you just unplug the power of your P6 box, then the BT500 would not be paired, and it would emit IR.  

I am not home now to test, but if it reacts like other BT buzz remotes, it will emit IR, until such time that it pairs with the box again.  And from the comments above, I am assuming the BT500 is the same.

it worx in ir mode on my x5 ss

• Like 1

Ok... Interesting outcome.... Found a new bug. I found it odd that Buzz would of left all the other remote codes the same and only change the Pause. Well it appears like the box itself is not properly understanding the ir pause code.....

As you said, I unpaired the remote and it was sending out IR. So I programmed my Harmony, and happily headed to tv to test, and nothing changed. So I pointed the BT-500 in IR mode and all the controls worked except pause.

I know this will be at the bottom of the list, but if you can put it on the bug list for later, I would be very happy.

Thanks

• Like 1