Subtitles issue

Posted (edited)

Hello,

Using BUZZ box XRS4500 since few years. I notice that SUBTITLES option always has the RADIO BUTTON on DISABLED.  I checked with supplier and he can see it on other players he uses.

What can I do to get subtitles to work?

Thanks for the help

Edited by Hhh

This is for VOD. Subtitles do not show up.  The option default lists them as DISABLED.

I use XRS4500 Version 9. Build V20220106.20220106 Kernel:4.9.113

Regarding Changing Players:-For Home Screen I see a Media player2 as selected (other options are classic, media player and mordern). I have never touched this setting. I assume this was ok.

I just noticed that even for LIVE tv, I see an option to make SUBTITLES as CLOSED CAPTION 1, but I dont see any subtitles.

classic, media player and mordern are themes.. Nothing to do with the players..

In LiveTV, press Menu->Settings->Configuration and the top 2 entries are to select player for LiveTV and VOD/TVSeries.

In Menu - Settings - Configuration I see LIVE TV set to Primary and VOD set to secondary.

If I select them, the only change I can make is change primary to backup and vice versa.

I will take your advice and make change VOD to External - so that it can prompt me - and then I can try VLC, etc.

(I didn't realize using an outside app is better than using Buzz defaults)

7 minutes ago, Hhh said:

In Menu - Settings - Configuration I see LIVE TV set to Primary and VOD set to secondary.

If I select them, the only change I can make is change primary to backup and vice versa.

I will take your advice and make change VOD to External - so that it can prompt me - and then I can try VLC, etc.

(I didn't realize using an outside app is better than using Buzz defaults)

you need to update

FYI:-

In VOD, When I select VLC to play the subtitles: I click the Down Arrow for Subtitles where it shows me download subtitles, load subtitles: when I select download Subtitles - it doesn't have anything to download. so Subtitles don't appear with VLC.

For Update: I go to Buzz TV System Update:- It tells me LATEST UPDATE INSTALLED. It shows me the same number I provided here earlier:20220106.

>>"you need to update" - to which version and how?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Hhh said:

Here is what I have:-

Buzz TV 5.0.919 Updated on 02/09/2024.

As mentioned, it does not show me any updates to install.

as I said that's current

if it shows subtitles disabled then there isn't subtitles

for live tv I only get subtitles using backup player and the odd channel using primary

Edited by dishuser

Just now, Hhh said:

I am not seeing subtitles for any player. Primary or Backup.  LIVE or VOD.

I even tried with VLC. ( details mentioned above)

maybe the service you use doesn't carry subtitles

• Like 1