Curious

gig63

Linux is quite powerful.  Many devices are still based on Linux, including many devices from many manufacturers of well known STB.  

Nice think about Linux, is that you can have a very light installation which will allow you to run exactly what you want with minimal resources.  Not forced to install everything, including the kitchen sink, just because someone says so.  There have also been many distributions over the years designed for HTPC use all based on Linux, like OpenElec, LibreElec, CoreELEC, etc..  CoreELEC even has a version which will run on BuzzTV boxes.

Let's not forget, that Android is just an operating system, that is based on a modified version of the Linux kernel.  So it does share many things.

For the L1 player that Buzz is releasing shortly, we do not have much info yet.  I am hoping that it will be running some version of BuzzTV, but without any confirmations or details yet, i do not want to start any rumours.  We will just have to wait an see what surprise they have in store for us.  My understanding is that it is being targeted for the budget conscious consumer.

• Like 4