Buzz TV 5 not working with bluetooth head phones

If this has been addressed i apologize in advance. I browsed thru the U5 an Buzz TV5 issues and did not see any topics on it. But i paired a new set of Beats pro ear phones. As soon as put them on all of my channels stop working. The ear buds work fine with Youtube and my other apps. Just not in Buzz TV5

Do you by any chance have another set of BT headphones, just to test ?

Earlier today I tested a set of Bose QC45 SE BT headphones on my Classic and X5 and they worked perfectly with BuzzTV 5 (I did not test with other apps).    Tomorrow I can test with my U5, but I'd be surprised if the U5 behaves any differently than the X5.

And I regularly use a cheap set of BT earbuds in the bedroom with my 4900, and it works fine with buzztv5.

Do you have any custom settings configured in your sound section ?

Anyhow, I will test a few pairs tomorrow on my U5.

I just paired my Bose QC45 headphones with my U5, and had no issues with sound on both LiveTV and VOD that I tested.  LiveTV is set to Primary player and VOD on backup.

When you are watching a LiveTV channel, and you press the Green button in full screen, what Audio options are there ?  Is there an audio track showing and selected ?

If I get a chance I'll try some other headphones later.

To test further, I just paired a super cheap BT headset (so cheap/generic that it is seen as "Bluetooth music" ) 🙂

OK, sounds like crap (but that is just the headphones themselves) and a little bit of latency detected (again probably the headphones), but it worked fine on BuzzTV5 LiveTV and this time I even tried youtube and it was fine also.

Would be great if you  had another set of earphones or even a BT speaker to test.   Have you checked using your phone app, if they have the latest firmware installed on the headphones ?

Even VOD and TV Series ?  Same thing ?

Have you tried configuring an External player for VOD to see if it works ?

I'm assuming when you don't have headphones paired, the sound for all apps including BuzzTV works fine over TV speaker system ?

When you are watching a LiveTV channel, and you press the Green button in full screen, what Audio options are there ?  Is there an audio track showing and selected ?

In menu->settings->configuration, you can change your players (for liveTV and vod).  For VOD, you even have the option to select "external player" including VLC.

Only thing I can think of, is to try to "forget"/"unpair" them and try to re-pair them from scratch.

I have tried 3 different earphones and no issues with any of them of them. 

• Like 1

Guess we'll see if anyone else has any input.  On my side, I could not replicate your current issues with the powerbeats.   Like I said, I tried 3 different BT earphones and all work with both Buzztv 5 apps and other 3rd party apps.

Since I don't have any powerbeats, I cannot confirm if the issue is specific to the beatspro, or some setting on the U5 that is different between your U5 setup and mine.  Mine is a pretty close to factory reset config (since I reset regularly for testing purpoes), and I do most of my testing on this device on a generic monitor (so no CEC or anything other active).

If you don't have too much customization, maybe backing up your servers and favorites (not settings - since it may be a settings issue) and then trying a factory reset (hardware pin method) could be an option/test.  Can then easily restore your servers/favorites  (just make sure you have the backup zip file [with non 0 file size] on a usb stick, before resetting).  If you have access to any other BT earphones or BT speaker, that could also be a possible test also.

Just curious, in the BuzzTV setting->Configuration, have you enabled any of the options "Real Time Streaming" or "Tunneled Playback" ?   Have you tried switching the Stream Format to see if it makes a difference ?

Thank you for your insightful and polite responses. I finally got my earbuds to work. I kept fidgeting around until i turned the tunneled playback off,, set the stream to automatic and volla. It works perfectly. It's always the simple stupid stuff with software.

• Like 3