No Sound when resolution is set to 3840x2160

Dougie

Hello,

I recently set up my X5 64. Everything is good except for this issue. I am getting no Sound when my resolution is set to 3840x2160. I am hoping someone can help. 

If I select the Auto Switch to best select resolution, the system sets the resolution to 1920x1080p 59.9hz and the sound is working. I tried switching to another HDMI port but no change.

Here is my setup:

TV:  Vizio M658-G1, 4k 120hz refresh rate

Audio: optical digital cable to Bose 550 sound bar

I have most the current firmware update.

Thanks for your time.

Everyone needs stop saying you have the most current firmware update.  Just post your firmware and software version please.

Also, have you tried going direct HDMI to TV, without soundbar.  Just as a test ?

Have you tried a NEW HDMI cable, just in case the HDMI cable is not up to par.  Very strange that auto switches to 1920x1080.

Thank you

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Emporium said:

Everyone needs stop saying you have the most current firmware update.  Just post your firmware and software version please.

Also, have you tried going direct HDMI to TV, without soundbar.  Just as a test ?

Have you tried a NEW HDMI cable, just in case the HDMI cable is not up to par.  Very strange that auto switches to 1920x1080.

Thank you

Thanks for your response.

The firmware update was from August 24th, 2023, V20230815. I understand a new update just came out but system has not detected it.

I have two X5 units and they perform the same with 2 different HDMI cables.

Also I tried sending the sound to the tv speakers instead of the sound bar and had no sound as well.

I will wait for the new update to see if that helps.

1 hour ago, dishuser said:

are you watching 4k content?

if not just leave it on auto

I started up a 4k, 5.1 audio movie on Netflix. Sound was okay for 1920x1080p but both when set to 3840x2160, 59hz.

Also when I set to auto, the movie did not switch over to 4k.

45 minutes ago, Dougie said:

I started up a 4k, 5.1 audio movie on Netflix. Sound was okay for 1920x1080p but both when set to 3840x2160, 59hz.

Also when I set to auto, the movie did not switch over to 4k.

mine is set to auto

when I switch from live tv which is 720 and 1080 and go to a 4k vod it automatically changes for all 3