Buzz 4900 issues

Nunzio D

can any one help I did a hard reset but it did not help

These are the problems I am having with the box.
  1. Box does not recognize neither SATA Hard drive or micro SD card when trying to back up. But when I go into storage it shows the SATA Drive & the SD card
  2.  Box does not recognize neither SATA Hard drive or micro SD card when try to direct where to record in the PVR options. 
  3. Box gets extremely hot when SATA Hard Drive is in the unit, It seems when Hard Drive is in the unit, unit starts to Buffer more. 
  4. Box will reboot itself when feels like it.  
  5. It just started when turning on box Bluetooth bar comes up and won't shut off even when It ask me to close App. Must start box at least 2 to 4 times. 
  6. In setting the back up & restore is not there

OK let's start by stating, WHAT firmware version are you running (should be in the updates screen V202xxxxxx).  Also what version of Buzztv software are you running (from live TV, if you click on menu, you should see it at the bottom of the screen (5.0.xxx).

Secondly, item #1 and #6 contradict each other.  #1 says that trying to backups you can't see the disk and SD card.   #6 says that backup and restore is not there.

I can tell you that for Android 9 boxes, you will NOT have the option to backup to SATA HDD or MicroSD.  It backs up to internal and you should use a file manager tool to copy to any location you prefer.

Also, Are you using a traditional mechanical HDD or an SSD ?  I strongly recommend you use an SSD intead of mechanical.  Traditional mechanical drives will generate a lot of heat (especially in enclosed area).  This will throttle the CPU (which will slow it down and buffer), and eventually get it to act up.

Also, don't try to use a MicroSD card.  They were never designed for the kind of writes a PVR will do, and thy will fail prematurely.

Edited by Emporium

6 minutes ago, Emporium said:

OK let's start by stating, WHAT firmware version are you running (should be in the updates screen V202xxxxxx).  Also what version of Buzztv software are you running (from live TV, if you click on menu, you should see it at the bottom of the screen (5.0.xxx).

Secondly, item #1 and #6 contradict each other.  #1 says that trying to backups you can't see the disk and SD card.   #6 says that backup and restore is not there.

I can tell you that for Android 9 boxes, you will NOT have the option to backup to SATA HDD or MicroSD.  It backs up to internal and you should use a file manager tool to copy to any location you prefer.

Also, Are you using a traditional mechanical HDD or an SSD ?  I strongly recommend you use an SSD intead of mechanical.  Traditional mechanical drives will generate a lot of heat (especially in enclosed area).  This will throttle the CPU (which will slow it down and buffer), and eventually get it to act up.

Also, don't try to use a MicroSD card.  They were never designed for the kind of writes a PVR will do, and thy will fail prematurely.

Under setting I Do Not have any option to back up & restore I have two 4900 boxes the one has it I was able to download to my sd card hoping to restore it to the other 4900 box 

3 minutes ago, Nunzio D said:

Under setting I Do Not have any option to back up & restore I have two 4900 boxes the one has it I was able to download to my sd card hoping to restore it to the other 4900 box 

3 minutes ago, Nunzio D said:

it's in menu/settings/configuration

and you still haven't posted firmware/software versions

23 hours ago, Emporium said:

Under setting when you have the Buzz tv app, it DOES NOT have back up or restore listed, But it shows in the storage in setting on the home page 

23 hours ago, Emporium said:

Yes I am using a SSD sata drive