BuzzTV x5 bluetooth keeps stuttering

Toejam

I have removed all paired devices except the remote and bluetooth speakers.  The only thing I do with this box is watch videos in Kodi - not streamed, they're all downloaded.  So, Kodi is the only app that I've loaded and run, the box still keeps skipping audio.  I have an Amazon Alexa Echo Dot in the same room, it does not exhibit audio skipping.  I've paired multiple bluetooth speakers to the buzztv, they all have audio skipping.

When the buzztv starts up it shows a window that says "IO Exception".  I don't know if this has any bearing on my bluetooth issue.

If this device truly has bluetooth 5.0 installed, I should see great signal performance in my 20' room, that does not appear to be the case.

Any input/suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a really old Anker Soundcore speaker paired to one of my x5 units, and I have no issues with it.  Works pretty well. 

I have this one:  hxxps://www.amazon.ca/dp/B016XTADG2

In the past I have also paired a few cheap BT earbuds, and they have been pretty decent.

Have you tried unpairing the speakers and repair them ?  Sometimes when pairing it asks you to give permission to access your contacts, etc... I find that on some boxes if you decline this request, the audio can be glitchy for some reason.

You mention Kodi. Have you ever tried with any of the BuzzTV 5 apps ?  or VLC ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Emporium said:

I have a really old Anker Soundcore speaker paired to one of my x5 units, and I have no issues with it.  Works pretty well. 

I have this one:  hxxps://www.amazon.ca/dp/B016XTADG2

In the past I have also paired a few cheap BT earbuds, and they have been pretty decent.

Have you tried unpairing the speakers and repair them ?  Sometimes when pairing it asks you to give permission to access your contacts, etc... I find that on some boxes if you decline this request, the audio can be glitchy for some reason.

You mention Kodi. Have you ever tried with any of the BuzzTV 5 apps ?  or VLC ?

Thank you for the advise.  I have used about 6 speakers, mix of old and new, they all have the stuttering issue.  I will take up your advice and load VLC to see if that changes the bluetooth performance.

4 minutes ago, dishuser said:

every model has it's own section

this section is for the buzztv 5 app

I will copy my post to the x5 forum.  
I honestly did not know anything about the tv 5 app and inappropriately thought it meant the x5 model of the streaming box.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Toejam said:

Thank you for the advise.  I have used about 6 speakers, mix of old and new, they all have the stuttering issue.  I will take up your advice and load VLC to see if that changes the bluetooth performance.

I reposted my query to the x5 forum.
BTW: i played on VLC and still have the stuttering audio issue.

19 minutes ago, Toejam said:

I will copy my post to the x5 forum.  
I honestly did not know anything about the tv 5 app and inappropriately thought it meant the x5 model of the streaming box.

no sense starting another thread

it will just get repetitive answers/questions