Recording Change

sea157

Guys when did this recording change take place, I LOVE THIS CHANGE!!!

I am running a U5 with Buzz 5 Firmware version: V20230815,  IPTV version: 5.0906

When I setup a recording to happen it always woke up the box to record but it never turned the box off after completing the recording, but now after the recording is recorded it turns the box off and even turns my TV off.

I LOVE THIS FEATURE!!!

I never liked the box on all night long if I set a recording for late in the evening but now I don't have to worry about it being left on after a recording because it turns the box and TV off after recording! THIS IS GREAT!!

These programmers never cease to amaze me!

I am just wondering when this change took place?

1 hour ago, sea157 said:

Guys when did this recording change take place, I LOVE THIS CHANGE!!!

I am running a U5 with Buzz 5 Firmware version: V20230815,  IPTV version: 5.0906

When I setup a recording to happen it always woke up the box to record but it never turned the box off after completing the recording, but now after the recording is recorded it turns the box off and even turns my TV off.

I LOVE THIS FEATURE!!!

I never liked the box on all night long if I set a recording for late in the evening but now I don't have to worry about it being left on after a recording because it turns the box and TV off after recording! THIS IS GREAT!!

These programmers never cease to amaze me!

I am just wondering when this change took place?

Actually the way it works, as long as you have Power Key Definition set to Suspend
Is that if you turn the box off, it goes into suspend

And if you have any recordings scheduled, they get recorded in the background.
So the box and TV never actually need to turn on when this happens.

This change was done on our last Firmware update.

Glad to hear your feedback though.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

Actually the way it works, as long as you have Power Key Definition set to Suspend
Is that if you turn the box off, it goes into suspend

And if you have any recordings scheduled, they get recorded in the background.
So the box and TV never actually need to turn on when this happens.

This change was done on our last Firmware update.

Glad to hear your feedback though.

I have my box set to shut down, but after it finishes recording it does seem that the box goes to the suspend mode with the red light showing on the box because when I start it again it doesn't go through the long start up procedure , but it also turns off my TV. 

When the set recording wakes up the box to record both the U5 box and TV comes on and after the recording is recorded it seems to put the box in the suspend mode with the red light on and it turns the TV off.

I LOVE THIS!!