Cannot replay recordings

Lawrence Calhoun

11 minutes ago, Lawrence Calhoun said:

Yes i formatted my 1TB ssd as per instructions. I turned the TS feature off and all my recording work perfectly. I have not gone back to try and use TS again yet.

And what instructions are those 🙂

If you had asked me, I would have told you to not even format the SSD on the U5.  If possible I would have told you to install it on a PC and format it using the exFAT filesystem.   Using FAT32 (which is the default for most android box portable storage), will yield a limitation of 4GB file size limit.  Meaning if you do any super long and high bitrate recording, it would fail after 4GB.  Same would go if you try to download any large >4GB movies from the VOD to your local SSD. 

This is NOT a limitation of the buzz box, but rather the FAT32 file system.  So you can blame Microsoft for it 🙂  Actually hard to blame them considering it dates back to the mid 90s.