Reconding

Chris1

40 minutes ago, Chris1 said:

I was wondering i try to recond something and the steam will be fine but it will stop and fo a thumbnail but it will say still recording on the top of the screen 

of course it's fine

I've recorded what I watched and it froze but recording didn't

or you don't want a thumbnail created when you go to pvr?

• 3 weeks later...

I am still having issues with recording and i tried keeping it on ts and also i have tried automatic  and both players and since the last update i am not getting all my recording  and the box will also shut down and the red light will go on while my tv is still  on amd i have the cec off 

40 minutes ago, Chris1 said:

I am still having issues with recording and i tried keeping it on ts and also i have tried automatic  and both players and since the last update i am not getting all my recording  and the box will also shut down and the red light will go on while my tv is still  on amd i have the cec off 

where did you set recording to?

if not internal how did you format the removale drive?

Are you doing only LONG recordings, or you have tried with short ones also ?

Reason I ask, is because the internal format on the box is in FAT32 filesystem format.  Unfortunately, FAT32 has a limitation of 4GB per file.  Anything longer and it will fail.   For longer recordings you will unfortunately need to format whatever media you are using, in exFAT format.  ie: plug it into a PC and reformat the USB or SATA drive to exFAT in order to accommodate larger than 4GB files.

Just curious, you do not have a Vizio TV or using some electrical heater/fireplace with remote ?   Reason I also ask, is because my mom has both, and the Vizio remote has a few keys which mess with the BuzzTV box.   And her electrical "fireplace", when I try to change the temp it powers off the buzz box.   So it seems like some devices have conflicting IR codes.   On her box that has this issue, I just put the box out of site and put electrical tape on the front to avoid any IR from getting through, and got her an ARQ-200 remote.  Inconvenient, YES, but really unlucky to have 2 devices that also mess with the buzz IR codes.

If issues persist, I strongly recommend to just bite the bullet and try a factory reset and see if that helps.  Yes you will lose everything on the box, but at least you will know if it is some sort of internal glitch or something that is latched.  Considering most of us do NOT have this issue it is something exceptional.

RESET Video for the 4500, but procedure is identical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l1x3KJl_jE

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2023 at 11:34 AM, Emporium said:

Are you doing only LONG recordings, or you have tried with short ones also ?

Reason I ask, is because the internal format on the box is in FAT32 filesystem format.  Unfortunately, FAT32 has a limitation of 4GB per file.  Anything longer and it will fail.   For longer recordings you will unfortunately need to format whatever media you are using, in exFAT format.  ie: plug it into a PC and reformat the USB or SATA drive to exFAT in order to accommodate larger than 4GB files.

Just curious, you do not have a Vizio TV or using some electrical heater/fireplace with remote ?   Reason I also ask, is because my mom has both, and the Vizio remote has a few keys which mess with the BuzzTV box.   And her electrical "fireplace", when I try to change the temp it powers off the buzz box.   So it seems like some devices have conflicting IR codes.   On her box that has this issue, I just put the box out of site and put electrical tape on the front to avoid any IR from getting through, and got her an ARQ-200 remote.  Inconvenient, YES, but really unlucky to have 2 devices that also mess with the buzz IR codes.

If issues persist, I strongly recommend to just bite the bullet and try a factory reset and see if that helps.  Yes you will lose everything on the box, but at least you will know if it is some sort of internal glitch or something that is latched.  Considering most of us do NOT have this issue it is something exceptional.

RESET Video for the 4500, but procedure is identical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l1x3KJl_jE

Emporium, I have a 1 terabyte Samsung SSD I want to format to exFAT to use in my Buzztv U5, what allocation unit size do you recommend I use?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sea157 said:

Emporium, I have a 1 terabyte Samsung SSD I want to format to exFAT to use in my Buzztv U5, what allocation unit size do you recommend I use?

Allocation unit size wont make a big different for this.   Leave whatever is the default.   But just being exFAT will allow you to download larger files at least.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...