E5 boot up

Victor Soto

Keep in mind that a suspend is NOT equivalent to a full shutdown.  A full shutdown does a full clean boot and often less side effects.  Suspend all the time and if you have any apps that misbehave and eventually the box can do strange things, and eventually you will need to do a full boot.  

The animation logo you see is just a visual distraction as the OS is booting (just like when you reboot your phone or computer).  So turning off the animation logo will not make the machine boot any faster on a cold start.

I personally prefer the extra minute at boot and ensure a clean start each time, than standby/suspend option on any box.  I gave up on suspend on most of my devices ages ago, and less headaches with misbehaving apps and if you are using WiFi, it can be touch an go.

• Like 1