Jump to content
allaboutbuzz

**NEW** Official XRS 4500 Firmware + Buzz 4 App Update - Dec 29th, 2020

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Joshuas Gems said:

Subtitles on live TV? Show your firmware version and how you turned them on. 

version 494 12/11/2020

i hit the green button when in live tv full screen  I have 4 options using default player and just one in secondary

20201230_222149 (1).jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Joshuas Gems said:

The odds of that are pretty slim when it's affecting now 7 users just of my people. 

The odds of 7 different houses spanning Ottawa to Toronto all having corrupted download are super slim.

then it could be an issue with one of the update servers I suggest you do the reset and at least find out

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Joshuas Gems said:

Hard reset is not help. Hard reset is a last stitch effort. 

 

Help is fixing the updates or slowly rolling out to make sure HUGE issues don't happen.

doing a factory set is a last ditch effort? come on guy 

If you read the release it is being rolled out

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nbs. said:

then it could be an issue with one of the update servers I suggest you do the reset and at least find out

Point being is doing a hard reset causes people to ha e to fully redo their boxes. 

 

I'm a reseller if you had done 400 boxes for the xr4000 bad update and now possibly have to do the same for 350 boxes you'd be complaining too. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nbs. said:

then it could be an issue with one of the update servers I suggest you do the reset and at least find out

Doing a reset doesn't redo the update. It fixes the broken link between the GUI and whatever is broken.

It doesn't matter, this is an issue for the admins that can actually do something.

Suggesting wiping a box is again not a solution. It's a BS fix. Like wiping a computer cause one program is broken. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Joshuas Gems said:

Point being is doing a hard reset causes people to ha e to fully redo their boxes. 

 

I'm a reseller if you had done 400 boxes for the xr4000 bad update and now possibly have to do the same for 350 boxes you'd be complaining too. 

 

first it was 150 now it's 350...lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Joshuas Gems said:

Doing a reset doesn't redo the update. It fixes the broken link between the GUI and whatever is broken.

It doesn't matter, this is an issue for the admins that can actually do something.

Suggesting wiping a box is again not a solution. It's a BS fix. Like wiping a computer cause one program is broken. 

So far 1000s of users have received this update

And you're only one who has reported an issue. As you can see on this thread. 

 

We have 0 other complaints from Dealers, on our other forms of support as well via Phone, Email, WhatsApp, Telegram and Instagram. 

We have built in crash logger as well, and so far nothing has appeared either, it did however for the first 4000 update. Which is why we paused that update and then fixed it. 

PM the 7 Serial #s that have or had this issue, so I can check something to see what happened. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Joshuas Gems said:

Well my 7 updated users now have this screen for subtitles

Can't select anything. No options anymore. 

 

1609390270012986753530489210016.jpg

This might be a compatibility issue with the update we did on the version of the Secondary Player that was apart of this OTA for the specific server you're using. 

If you try the Default Player it should work

 

However if you PM me, am sure I can help fix it for you on the secondary Player. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Joshuas Gems said:

Doing a reset doesn't redo the update. It fixes the broken link between the GUI and whatever is broken.

It doesn't matter, this is an issue for the admins that can actually do something.

Suggesting wiping a box is again not a solution. It's a BS fix. Like wiping a computer cause one program is broken. 

I replied to a few of your posts already

Just wanted to let you know

NBS and Dishuser are admins at a few other forums already and are very helpful. 

Their just helping out on this Forum as well. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joshuas Gems said:

Hard reset is not help. Hard reset is a last stitch effort. 

 

Help is fixing the updates or slowly rolling out to make sure HUGE issues don't happen.

This was followed exactly. 

And out of 1000s of users getting this update

 So far you're the only one complaining

Were not saying you don't have an actual issue, so we're here to help you and figure it out. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

This was followed exactly. 

And out of 1000s of users getting this update

 So far you're the only one complaining

Were not saying you don't have an actual issue, so we're here to help you and figure it out. 

 

 

Doing a hard reset should NOT be a normal thing every update.  Its only since these newer models XR/XRS there has been issues. I used 3000M/XPL3000 for YEARS with no major issues and never had to hard reset once. With these new ones more than 50% of my boxes need it every update.  I'm not a newb to these boxes in general and not a novice with Buzz either. I sell these boxes cause price/quality is by FAR superior to anything else on the market. However, the last 2 updates for XR/XRS4000 and XRXRS4500 have been a nightmare for me.

Also, so you are aware of whats loaded on my boxes. 

Stock firmware, using classic view, 1 LIVE TV server line, team viewer. That's it.  Makes zero sense why these updates should have problems with all these boxes.  if it possible there is something different in these ones than any others. Different chipset version or ram brand etc.? 

So far, now 12 boxes have had the buzz stopped responding error and after hard reset and rebuild NONE have subtitle ability and when you "allow programs to install" the settings dont stick. You have to push the slider over 2-3 times, then hit HOME and go back to the install for it to install. If you put slider on to allow then hit back, it revokes the setting
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Joshuas Gems said:

Doing a hard reset should NOT be a normal thing every update.  Its only since these newer models XR/XRS there has been issues. I used 3000M/XPL3000 for YEARS with no major issues and never had to hard reset once. With these new ones more than 50% of my boxes need it every update.  I'm not a newb to these boxes in general and not a novice with Buzz either. I sell these boxes cause price/quality is by FAR superior to anything else on the market. However, the last 2 updates for XR/XRS4000 and XRXRS4500 have been a nightmare for me.

Also, so you are aware of whats loaded on my boxes. 

Stock firmware, using classic view, 1 LIVE TV server line, team viewer. That's it.  Makes zero sense why these updates should have problems with all these boxes.  if it possible there is something different in these ones than any others. Different chipset version or ram brand etc.? 

So far, now 12 boxes have had the buzz stopped responding error and after hard reset and rebuild NONE have subtitle ability and when you "allow programs to install" the settings dont stick. You have to push the slider over 2-3 times, then hit HOME and go back to the install for it to install. If you put slider on to allow then hit back, it revokes the setting
 

I replied in a post above to your Subtitles issue. So please read it and PM me

As for new issue on 4500

Did this error appear when you opened the Buzz app after the update or after the box rebooted from the update?

The 4000 bug was after the box rebooted from the update, which we fixed and so far from our crash logs on the new 4000 + 4500 update we haven't seen it re appear. 

 

So am thinking this bug happens when you open the Buzz app for the first time, so this could be a server related issue. 

Would be helpful if you PM me the 7 boxes that gave you this issue so I can look at individual logs to figure out what's wrong. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Joshuas Gems said:

Doing a hard reset should NOT be a normal thing every update.  Its only since these newer models XR/XRS there has been issues. I used 3000M/XPL3000 for YEARS with no major issues and never had to hard reset once. With these new ones more than 50% of my boxes need it every update.  I'm not a newb to these boxes in general and not a novice with Buzz either. I sell these boxes cause price/quality is by FAR superior to anything else on the market. However, the last 2 updates for XR/XRS4000 and XRXRS4500 have been a nightmare for me.

Also, so you are aware of whats loaded on my boxes. 

Stock firmware, using classic view, 1 LIVE TV server line, team viewer. That's it.  Makes zero sense why these updates should have problems with all these boxes.  if it possible there is something different in these ones than any others. Different chipset version or ram brand etc.? 

So far, now 12 boxes have had the buzz stopped responding error and after hard reset and rebuild NONE have subtitle ability and when you "allow programs to install" the settings dont stick. You have to push the slider over 2-3 times, then hit HOME and go back to the install for it to install. If you put slider on to allow then hit back, it revokes the setting
 

Actually, after re reading this. 

Buzz has stopped responding is not a crash bug and not even the same error that happened on the 4000s. Its just an error that appears when the app is busy. 

Simply hitting close app and reloading the Live TV/app will fix this and no reset is required.  You could even press wait, and the app will keep working. 

 

What app are you allowing to install apps from? Aptoide

On Android 9 and up

You have to give permission settings to each app individually. You can turn on permissions manually by going to the apps part of Android Settings and turning permissions on for each app you use to install other apps. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

This might be a compatibility issue with the update we did on the version of the Secondary Player that was apart of this OTA for the specific server you're using. 

If you try the Default Player it should work

 

However if you PM me, am sure I can help fix it for you on the secondary Player. 

 

 

I do use secondary player since I find overall it works better. I find default works 75% but secondary works 98%.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

Actually, after re reading this. 

Buzz has stopped responding is not a crash bug and not even the same error that happened on the 4000s. Its just an error that appears when the app is busy. 

Simply hitting close app and reloading the Live TV/app will fix this and no reset is required.  You could even press wait, and the app will keep working. 

 

What app are you allowing to install apps from? Aptoide

On Android 9 and up

You have to give permission settings to each app individually. You can turn on permissions manually by going to the apps part of Android Settings and turning permissions on for each app you use to install other apps. 

Sorry I miss spoke, on boot up, it says buzz tv launcher stopped" I tried the XR4000 "fix" of  app info, hit back 3 times etc. That did work. Home button doesn't do anything.  If I hit live TV it opens server page but thats it. 

its the same issue I had with 100+ boxes on XR4000 and had to hard reset all of them.  The XR4500 is doing same symptom for now 12 boxes reported to me. 



 

Edited by Joshuas Gems
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Joshuas Gems said:

I do use secondary player since I find overall it works better. I find default works 75% but secondary works 98%.

Well if sub titles worked before this update on the secondary player

Then it must be a compatibility issue with this update, as there are quite a few different types of sub titles that require support

 

With your help we can fix it for you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, allaboutbuzz said:

Well if sub titles worked before this update on the secondary player

Then it must be a compatibility issue with this update, as there are quite a few different types of sub titles that require support

 

With your help we can fix it for you. 

Well if you tell me what to do to get subtitles working again I can do it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...