Jump to content
allaboutbuzz

**NEW** Official XR + XRS 4000 Firmware + App Update - June 17th, 2020

Recommended Posts

Installed the June 17 update on my XRS4000  and now after I shutdown, it starts back up on it's own after about 5 minutes.  I had to unplug power to the box to prevent it from restarting on it's own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kerruptor said:

Installed the June 17 update on my XRS4000  and now after I shutdown, it starts back up on it's own after about 5 minutes.  I had to unplug power to the box to prevent it from restarting on it's this 

 Issue has been reported a few times already 

Thanks

I was able to do a temp fix by going to settings, advanced settings  power key definitions and selecting suspend A quick hit of power key will turn it off (for me anyway)

Try it and report if it works for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jonas Beauge said:

I did factory reset it. So how can I make fast again. Now it bouffering it’s slow.

You hardwired? Or wifi? Did you try the other media player?

Install a speed test on your unit and check your speeds

Is it just live tv that is buffering?

I didnt notice any difference with live tv on 5 different servers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I try to download the update it keeps crashing, anyone else experience this.  My internet is working and strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jmbm78 said:

When I try to download the update it keeps crashing, anyone else experience this.  My internet is working and strong.

PM me your serial #

So I can check something

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a fix to be released to stop the XRS4000 from restarting on it's own?  It's a pain having to unplug the power supply when it's in a entertainment unit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kerruptor said:

Is there a fix to be released to stop the XRS4000 from restarting on it's own?  It's a pain having to unplug the power supply when it's in a entertainment unit.

read the post by nbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2020 at 8:41 AM, nbs. said:

 Issue has been reported a few times already 

Thanks

I was able to do a temp fix by going to settings, advanced settings  power key definitions and selecting suspend A quick hit of power key will turn it off (for me anyway)

Try it and report if it works for you

I've tried the suspend option and it still restarts.  Quick hitting the power button only restarts the box for me.  Only option is unplugging the power supply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kerruptor said:

I've tried the suspend option and it still restarts.  Quick hitting the power button only restarts the box for me.  Only option is unplugging the power supply.

In menu ,configuration, do you have start on  boot on?

If that doesnt help we just have to wait for fix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nbs. said:

In menu ,configuration, do you have start on  boot on?

If that doesnt help we just have to wait for fix

In my settings, the start on boot on was set to off.  I changed it to start on boot on .... on and it still started on it's own after about being shut down for a couple of minutes.  Just fyi.  Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 10:16 AM, nbs. said:

i started running youtube about an hour ago Not having any issues with it

I dont use kodi so cant comment

I have KODI 18.7 and it is running fine. Mind you, I did hard reset before installing the latest firmware and did not restore from backup, totally clean install. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the update to 20200615 version, 90% of my VOD library fails to load with "Stream not available". The remaining 10% of the streams are still working. Did the changes introduce any incompatibility with certain VOD streams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kerochan said:

After the update to 20200615 version, 90% of my VOD library fails to load with "Stream not available". The remaining 10% of the streams are still working. Did the changes introduce any incompatibility with certain VOD streams?

you are the first i have heard of having issues with vod

Have you tried both players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nbs. said:

you are the first i have heard of having issues with vod

Have you tried both players?

 

Thank you. Very likely something wrong with the server itself (Started happening on the same day I updated and did not know what to make of it). Just wanted to know if anybody else saw this issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kerochan said:

 

Thank you. Very likely something wrong with the server itself (Started happening on the same day I updated and did not know what to make of it). Just wanted to know if anybody else saw this issue. 

Yes, My server has been down for a couple days now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still having issues with VOD. I was hoping that the new spin of FW would clear it up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fossil said:

I am still having issues with VOD. I was hoping that the new spin of FW would clear it up.

 

What issues are you having exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried using both players with no difference. Begins freezing within the first 2-3 minutes of movie. Sometimes boots back to selection menu, sometimes freezes and says Buzz not responding I have been having this problem since unit was new last December. I was hoping that the new firmware release would fix the problem, but it did not. VOD movies and PPV movies can't be played at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fossil said:

Tried using both players with no difference. Begins freezing within the first 2-3 minutes of movie. Sometimes boots back to selection menu, sometimes freezes and says Buzz not responding I have been having this problem since unit was new last December. I was hoping that the new firmware release would fix the problem, but it did not. VOD movies and PPV movies can't be played at all.

 

PM me please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed when a live TV channel glitches to a picture freeze and and sound still playing the picture stays frozen 

this new since the new file 

 

too correct you must go up a channel and back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rinny1 said:

I noticed when a live TV channel glitches to a picture freeze and and sound still playing the picture stays frozen 

this new since the new file 

 

too correct you must go up a channel and back 

do you have a reliable service?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup 

my other box Mag let’s say same service does not do it 

the buzz 4000 never did it before the big update 

just sayin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...