Recording Problem

Dave J

Hi.I know this has come up before, but I'm really having trouble with recording on the 4500MAX. First, the power / restart / screenshot pad appears whenever I do any recording (EPG or Manual, in LiveTV or Home Screen). In Home Screen mode, all recordings will fail if PIP is off. In Home Screen mode the channel will not change to the pre-set recording channel even with PIP on, and recording fails.  

What's interesting is that I have two boxes (4500 and 4500MAX), both set up exactly the same; same settings, both have device health services disabled, both running BuzzTV .725. None of these issues appear on the 4500. Recording works perfectly. I can actually start a recording from home screen, no PIP, then go to Live TV and change channels without the current recording stopping.  The only difference between these boxes is that they are on different IPTV servers. Can anyone offer any suggestions why the Max won't work and the 4500 does? It's driving me nuts!

6 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Hi.I know this has come up before, but I'm really having trouble with recording on the 4500MAX. First, the power / restart / screenshot pad appears whenever I do any recording (EPG or Manual, in LiveTV or Home Screen). In Home Screen mode, all recordings will fail if PIP is off. In Home Screen mode the channel will not change to the pre-set recording channel even with PIP on, and recording fails.  

What's interesting is that I have two boxes (4500 and 4500MAX), both set up exactly the same; same settings, both have device health services disabled, both running BuzzTV .725. None of these issues appear on the 4500. Recording works perfectly. I can actually start a recording from home screen, no PIP, then go to Live TV and change channels without the current recording stopping.  The only difference between these boxes is that they are on different IPTV servers. Can anyone offer any suggestions why the Max won't work and the 4500 does? It's driving me nuts!

how many connections are you allowed on the service that doesn't record?

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

I'm aware of that.  So, going back to my first paragraph, what is causing the power pad to pop up, (and the other recording issues) when recording on the 4500 MAX. They do not happen on the 4500.  

That pop up is a bug on the current version of the PVR app that is separate from the Buzz App
Its built into our FW

We have fixed this, the issue is we cant OTA it like we can when we send updates to just the Buzz app
We have to build it into a FW Update

I PM you about this
But if anyone wants to sideload a newer version via USB
I can send it through PM to sideload no problem.

• Like 1

Thanks allaboutbuzz, recording works perfectly on both boxes. Just to add some information, I did some experimenting and found something that's worth sharing. If you set up a recording and go to the Home Screen, no pip,  once the recording begins you can go back to live TV and it won't interrupt the recording if you change the channel. Last night I actually set up two manual recordings with overlapping times, changed to a third  channel, then went to Home Screen no pip. Once both recordings started I went back to live tv on that same channel. Now I'm watching channel C, while recording channels A and B. So far, I've done this twice and it was successful.