Recording ,downloading etc ,internal storage or hhd.

Ricco

Hi guys i own a vidstick max which us 128gb and a xrs4500 with 64gb internal storage,Just wondering as both have been updated to buzz 5 and recording stuff ,i wanna record a few things and also some movies etc would i be better to get the u5 or would it make no difference to download speeds etc..takes ages to download a film to internal storage i have 60 mbps internet.basically is recording onto hhd or ssd offer a better recording experience than onto my vidstick max internal 128 gb.i know loads about buzztv but struggle with recording etc also record one and watch other one is that on all buzz5 update or just the new boxes coming out i know about your service provider u needs 2 connections.hopefully someone can help.cheers

I have no problem recording and watching another channel on my xrs4500 with 64gb internal storage or my U5 with 1 TB hard drive.

As a matter of fact I have one service provider that allows me to have 4 feeds and last week just as an experiment I was recording 3 channels and watching the 4th channel live on my xrs4500 with 64gb internal storage, all 3 channels recorded successively while I was watching the 4th channel live with the Buzz 5 program.

These people did a GREAT job on the Buzz 5 program!!

• Like 2

Wow thats great i was thinking of getting the x 5 to replace my xrs4500 but apart from av1 codec cant see the point,if you download a film is it quicker downloading to hhd on you u5 or same as internal storage?im in uk u5 not on sale yet i could buy via buzz global.

9 hours ago, Ricco said:

Wow thats great i was thinking of getting the x 5 to replace my xrs4500 but apart from av1 codec cant see the point,if you download a film is it quicker downloading to hhd on you u5 or same as internal storage?im in uk u5 not on sale yet i could buy via buzz global.

Other then the extra storage the U5 has over the XRS4500 I see no difference in the operation of it. The XRS4500 running the latest Buzz 5 program is an amazing box!

Now the XRS4500 running the Buzz 4 program that is a different store, I could NEVER record anything the way you should have been able to with the Buzz 4 program but with the Buzz 5 program it performs like it was made to!

If you have it turned off it will even wake up to record a program you have scheduled to record if it is running the latest version of the Buzz 5 program..