Convert old PVR recording to new format?

Silentbob

Ok so this is a little annoyance after getting the V5 beta.
The PVR recordings are now in a completely new folder and when you move them from the old one, they still dont show up!
As a workaround, you can play the old recordings with something like VLC but it's strange they changed the format on us.

For those who like to "tinker", I used X-PLORE to move the files from the old folder of ".TS" recordings 

/sdcard/Android/data/buzzxr4000.tv/files/Download/pvr/1/channels

to 

/sdcard/Android/media/com.buzz.services.pvr/

And the new format seems to need a SHOWNAME.JPG to match the .TS file.

So I tried to even add this manually to some old shows and it still doesnt show in my Android TV PVR Menu.

It's never show up in your PVR menu.  There is an internal xml file that is created which includes more info, like file location, EPG info, etc..  So just adding the files to the directory, will not make them show up.   Put your old files on a USB stick, and you can then play them with VLC if you want.  But obviously the naming of the files will be something to decipher.

And FYI, BuzzTV 5 is NOT beta, and has not been for YEARS!!!  You just took forever to upgrade to BuzzTV 5 🙂

• Like 3