Big trouble here

Help. I inadvertently (or should I say stupidly) reset my XRS4000 box, and now I can't get anythinmg loaded into it. I was running BUZZ TV4, and now when I power the box up, it tries to lolad BUZZ TV5. It starts to boot up, then it says "cannot load portal: incorrect username or password" Now Im really stuck. Is there anyomne out there who can help me?

Thanks

If this is a MAC type sub, you may need to ask your provider to to a reset on your account.  Sometimes if the panel does different locking (to avoid hacking), one parameter it could use, it to lock to "agent" string which would mean it would see a different app trying to connect to it.  Since the app is now different it may be detecting the change.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fossil said:

HA. Getting hold of that provider can't be done.

Then you are probably out of luck.  Not good when you can't contact your provider.   You should choose your providers a little more carefully.

When a server implements locks (ISP, agent, DeviceID, etc..) which is often a good thing to try to avoid MAC hijack, this can cause an issue if you legitimately change software, box, ISP, etc.. and you can't contact your provider to reset your account on server.

• Like 2