HD 5 shutdown options

Flyinghigh

Current running V20220919

My HD 5 now goes through the whole process when I turn it on. I am talking about the boot screen with graphics when it loads. I used to turn it off and when I turned it back on it would show the screen to choose Live TV and the other options. In the settings, the only options I see is to Restart or Shutdown.

The screenshots are from the update page. Really not sure if the update even took, since it continues to show. 20220928_094032(1).heic 

Since I am not sure if the update even took, this may be related to the update, so I included the update pages.

20220928_094022.heic

6 hours ago, dishuser said:

there's 4 options for powerkey

All other boxes yes.  Not on the HD5.   

I noticed that a few weeks ago.  The HD5 only has option for Shutdown and Restart for powerkey definitions.

At this time, the HD5 only goes into a suspend mode if you turn off the TV (I tested it and about 3 or 4 seconds after TV is turned off, the white buzz logo goes dark.  I never recall the HD5 having any other option.  When you turn the TV back no, the HD5 comes on pretty instantaneously.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Flyinghigh said:

It comes on instantly, but it starts from the graphics screen.

Is that from when you just turn the TV off/on ?   If you power down the box, then yes it will start a full boot process (which I prefer anyhow).  But if you just turn the TV off (try turning TV off without the remote, from on TV buttons), the box should auto turn off after 3 or 4 seconds.  Then when you turn the TV back on, the box should come on instantaneously and in the HOME screen directly, no boot sequence.  At least it does for me, and I am at the exact same firmware/buzztv version as you.

6 minutes ago, dishuser said:

live tv/menu/settings/configuration/other settings/start live on

That just auto launches the Live TV, after it completely boots.  What Flyinghigh is talking about is the equivalent of the "suspend" function.

On the X5 (and U5), the suspend feature only works by turning the TV off.  The device senses TV is off and goes into suspend mode.  When TV comes back on, the unit comes out of suspend mode.  For now, that is the only suspend method on these new boxes (X5, U5, HD5).

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Flyinghigh said:

The shutdown issue I can deal with. Having a fairly new product that is not updated is an issue. How do I update my HD5?

What do you mean not updated ?  V20220919 is less than 2 weeks old.

There are 2 types of updates.  One is firmware (which you are at the latest for the HD5 - which is less than 2 weeks old), V20220919.

And there is an update for the BuzzTV app.  Right now the 5.0.766 which is also the latest for the HD5 (it's also the same version on my X5).

The BuzzTV app will often download in the background as you watch TV when there is an update for it.  It is just an update to the buzztv 5 app.  Once it is downloaded, it will auto install, and then the buzztv app (live tv or whatever) will restart (sometimes twice).

WHAT update are you expecting which you don't have ?

Edited by Emporium

I guess the update that is showing.

I get it that it will take some time to download and install. It has been 2 days since I saw the available update. Just want my device to be updated is the goal. You show it is up-to-date. I assume the one that is showing is downloading. I will give it a couple more days to see if it downloads it. Thanks for the clarification.

7 minutes ago, Flyinghigh said:

I guess the update that is showing.

I get it that it will take some time to download and install. It has been 2 days since I saw the available update. Just want my device to be updated is the goal. You show it is up-to-date. I assume the one that is showing is downloading. I will give it a couple more days to see if it downloads it. Thanks for the clarification.

The message you see on the left stating the V20220919, IS the version that is currently installed.   On the right, after it checks, it tells you that the version available is v20220919 (above the check for update button) and after checking, that you have the latest installed.  

You are not missing anything on your box.

• Like 1