Download Internet speed

Samuel

I have 500/500 mbs and I am just getting 55 on the download.  I get over 500 on my ipad and over 200 on Firestick. Everything seems to work but I was hoping there was some standard. Support did not give a straight answer just said the update was working, which had noting to do with the question.

Maybe I will rephrase it.

Thanks for you reply.

I get way more than 55 (but I am wired). If you are WiFi, then that is a whole different story and all sorts of factors can come into play.  On WiFi I got roughly 75down/15up on my connection.  But my box is in the corner of my basement.  And the QiS queue I have my WiFi devices on are tpically low priority (since all my devices are typically wired).

I was hoping to find something that would allow me to measure speed while downloading from my NAS, but didn't.  I even tried using the Analiti software you mention, since in "theory" it has an option for LAN test with devices running the software, but the software is buggy and can't see another box running it.  I tried it running on my X5 and U5 at the same time, and they could not see each other.  Oh well.

2 minutes ago, dishuser said:

analiti finds all my devices that are currently connected

14 of them...lol

Oh, it finds them also (in my case all 10 buzz boxes and 2 Mii Boxes that are connected), but can you run the LAN test (last option).  In theory it should initiate a transfer between the devices to get an idea of LAN speeds.  Tried launching the option on my U5 and X5 simultaneously, and got message that it may take a few seconds for it to detect other devices, but did not start any test.  Oh well.

28 minutes ago, Emporium said:

Oh, it finds them also (in my case all 10 buzz boxes and 2 Mii Boxes that are connected), but can you run the LAN test (last option).  In theory it should initiate a transfer between the devices to get an idea of LAN speeds.  Tried launching the option on my U5 and X5 simultaneously, and got message that it may take a few seconds for it to detect other devices, but did not start any test.  Oh well.

is analiti installed on other devices?

and what version do you have?

Edited by dishuser

I'm currently using 2022.09.63723

I notice every few updates the UI changes

drives me nuts at first...lol

can't test multiple lan connections cause only one cable is being used

maybe tomorrow I'll bring laptop upstairs to try a second connection

Edited by dishuser

My X5 works well regardless of the speed test. What made me question speed   was nothing was downloading and I had a test speed of 1.

I removed network and removed the power from box.  After that everything worked again.

Last week I returned the box because no app would download. It a virus that corrupted firmware. Buzz Tech reloaded.

I was concerned it had happen again.

Trust sources only. Be careful where you get you apps.

15 minutes ago, Samuel said:

My X5 works well regardless of the speed test. What made me question speed   was nothing was downloading and I had a test speed of 1.

I removed network and removed the power from box.  After that everything worked again.

Last week I returned the box because no app would download. It a virus that corrupted firmware. Buzz Tech reloaded.

I was concerned it had happen again.

Trust sources only. Be careful where you get you apps.

I only use aptoide,play store and apkpure

Edited by dishuser