m3u playlist to server format?

montell

12 minutes ago, mr man said:

highlight that server and hit the colour button that is reset and press it

Thanks mr man for the reply, but I have tried highlighting and hitting green colour to reset but nothing happens 😞

18 minutes ago, mr man said:

go across left and go up to server 7 and the go across right and go down to ok and hit ok on the remote

Thanks again, and no change 😞 

how about the reverse? I mean, converting m3u playlist to Server format? how can I do that? 🙂  cause that would be awesome as I have no need for m3u format and need more Server slots 🙂

19 minutes ago, nbs. said:

you have your 10 server slots and 3  m3u ,Thats it

Thanks NBS, but I somehow managed to convert one of my Server slots to m3u playlist slot 😞  so, now I have 9 Server slots and 4 m3u playlist slots 😞  how can I get my Server slot back please?

Thanks

I had experienced a similar thing sometime ago. But I never followed up on possible reasons, as I sent that box across town to family member.

Except it was on the xpl3000 model (the early version).

But I never lost Server Sots, instead I did loose m3u Playlist Slots.

I had 10 Server Slots and 3 M3U Slots at the onset, and then somehow I ended up with twelve Server Slots and one m3u Slot.

I do not know how I managed to do that or how the box managed it. I had been entering information into the m3u slot and that is when it happened. I do not recall exactly what function or etc I was doing at the time. I believe I was adding a Playlist from the Copy File function, but I am not sure about that and in fact am not sure at all about how it happened (nothing I could trust to go on anyway).

I will try and duplicate the process , but the xpl3000 is not with me at the moment. It is across town , so I need some time on this 🙂

And I am sure it is not meant to happen like this,  as it must be a glitch in the system somewhere,  but I will report back any findings I might come up with , asap .

I would like to add another thought towards what you want  to do montell.

Those Playlist Slots are versatile in that they can function in a few different ways.

As does the available Slot types (Sever,  Stream and m3u). They give multiple ways to use iptv.

Back to the the m3u slots...

If you grab the Playlist URL from the source,  weather that is an open public Playlist or your own private playlists, they all have a URL.

Enter that URL into the appropriate line in that Playlist slot and save that and then enter an EPG URL (if available) for that Playlist and save that too.

This slot  then becomes just like a Server Slot connection, in that you get all new updates thru the service  ,meaning any newly added channels and etc.

I think most of the reason that this is not a popular method is because to enter that playlist URL and the EPG URL involve a long process in typing them URLs into the appropriate lines , and them URLs are generally rather  lengthy.

But it can be a unique method that allows you to use alternative EPG URLs instead of being restricted to the service supplied EPG source.

And then plus there is the  fact that a mistake may be made in all that typing, and then it does not connect and we wonder why 😞

But there is an easy way to do this and it will also ensure that there are no mistakes made.

You need the Total Commander File Manager installed on your box.

Other File Managers will work for this but after trying many of them,  I found the Total Commander to work the most efficient for this process.

It involves the copy and paste functions.

If you want some more info on all that I will post it for yous 🙂

Edited by whacked

7 hours ago, whacked said:

I would like to add another thought towards what you want  to do montell.

Those Playlist Slots are versatile in that they can function in a few different ways.

As does the available Slot types (Sever,  Stream and m3u). They give multiple ways to use iptv.

Back to the the m3u slots...

If you grab the Playlist URL from the source,  weather that is an open public Playlist or your own private playlists, they all have a URL.

Enter that URL into the appropriate line in that Playlist slot and save that and then enter an EPG URL (if available) for that Playlist and save that too.

This slot  then becomes just like a Server Slot connection, in that you get all new updates thru the service  ,meaning any newly added channels and etc.

I think most of the reason that this is not a popular method is because to enter that playlist URL and the EPG URL involve a long process in typing them URLs into the appropriate lines , and them URLs are generally rather  lengthy.

But it can be a unique method that allows you to use alternative EPG URLs instead of being restricted to the service supplied EPG source.

And then plus there is the  fact that a mistake may be made in all that typing, and then it does not connect and we wonder why 😞

But there is an easy way to do this and it will also ensure that there are no mistakes made.

You need the Total Commander File Manager installed on your box.

Other File Managers will work for this but after trying many of them,  I found the Total Commander to work the most efficient for this process.

It involves the copy and paste functions.

If you want some more info on all that I will post it for yous 🙂

Thanks a lot whacked for your time and care, really appreciate it 🙂

I really wish xpl 3900 came with the option for people to pick what they want in a way that if I want 10 server slots and 3 m3u playlist or if I decided to want all 13 in a form of either Server or m3u format.....that would have been awesome 🙂

But, not being able to switch back my server slot , it hurts 😞  and now I have 9 Server slots and 4 m3u playlists 😞  

Thanks

what all the fussing for am sure you are not running so much server to take up all those slot so i really do not see the reason for all the complaining at all the 3900 are a very good box i own 3 of them and they all run fine i love them so much that i dont even know if i should get one of the xrs4500

• 3 weeks later...