Issues created with Samsung Smart TVs

Fernando

I have an issue I have not been able to resolve around the e1 STB and HDMI inputs to Samsung smart TVs.

I have various Samsung TVs with Samsung soundbars and plugging in the e1 creates a bit of a nightmare.

The units I plug into the HDMI Ports are:

• 4K provider box/receiver to HDMI 1
  • Samsung BluRay to HDMI 2
  • BuzzTV e1 to HDMI 3
  • Samsung Soundbar to HDMI 4 (ARC)

Keeping the soundbar plugged into HDMI 4 (ARC) is essential to have the soundbar work with everything connected into it.

Problem is that as soon as the e1 STB is introduced into the configuration, one of two things happen:

• The soundbar switches to DIN mode where no sound comes out of the soundbar and will not allow the input source to be switched out to ARC or
  • The soundbar switches to DIN mode and a message appears on the TV claiming that the soundbar is plugged into an HDMI port that does not support ARC. What???

This happens whether or not the e1 STB is powered on or off. The only way I have managed to get around this is to have the e1 unplugged from it's power source before turning the TV on and then plugging in the e1 STB once the TV is already on. This only happens when the e1 is connected and I have not been able to resolve this. It is not an issue with a specific TV as I have various Samsung TVs, different models/years and it does this with all of them.

Any thoughts?