Stugots

1. Download the file onto a computer
Then transfer it onto a USB drive or SD card
Then insert into box

2. Use reset button inside AV hole on the back of your 3900 to get into recovery mode on first time boot. 

You will need to use a Tooth Pick or Paper Clip or something similar to do this.

Once in recovery
Go to 
Apply update from ext

Select Udisk which is USBDrive or SD Card depending on which one you have the Firmware on

4.Highlight the Firmware
Press Ok to install it

It will take up to 8 mins to install

5. Once finished 
Select reboot

6. It will boot back into Android and everything is normal and nothing is erased

update_GTA_BUZZ_TV_ATV3900_7.1_STUCK-BOOT-FIX.img

Disclaimer: This file is sole made for XPL3900 bootup issue. Using this file for any other model will void your warranty.

I tried this. After the install and reboot it it is still going back to the boot menu.

Is it something to do with what I tried yesterday after the issue? Tried clearing partition and cache options; is that something to do with it? 

13 minutes ago, Guest Ver said:

I tried this. After the install and reboot it it is still going back to the boot menu.

Is it something to do with what I tried yesterday after the issue? Tried clearing partition and cache options; is that something to do with it? 

try formatting your micro sd card , put the firmware back on the card. re-try the steps again. if you clear partitions you will erase everything off your box .if its continue to go back to boot menu it means you missing a step. If you continue to have problems please send back or drop off at our warehouse www.buzztv.com/rma

Thank You!

Guest Vince
9 hours ago, Guest Vince said:

The fix is not working for buzz 3000 xpl, resetting is not taking into recovery mode, keep showing the buzz tv logo

Spoke too soon, worked fine. Thanks guys.

15 hours ago, Guest Babajeee said:

Anyone have a fix for buzz3000 1gb ?

thank you 

XPL3000 Basic (1GB) uses the same firmware as XPL3000.  So the method on this thread will work on your box.

However we recommend for XPL3000 Basic (1GB) to use Android 6 downgrade for better performance. This can be done by mailing the box or dropping it off at our location www.buzztv.com/rma 

12 hours ago, Jigstar said:

Unable to locate reset button inside of av hole.  I tried with paper clip, without any success.  Please help, I have xpl 3900.  Freezes during start up when buzztv logo first comes up during boot up.

its there ,its located near the top of av hole

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/19/2019 at 1:04 PM, Stugots said:

1. Download the file onto a computer
Then transfer it onto a USB drive or SD card
Then insert into box

2. Use reset button inside AV hole on the back of your 3900 to get into recovery mode on first time boot. 

You will need to use a Tooth Pick or Paper Clip or something similar to do this.

Once in recovery
Go to 
Apply update from ext

Select Udisk which is USBDrive or SD Card depending on which one you have the Firmware on

4.Highlight the Firmware
Press Ok to install it

It will take up to 8 mins to install

5. Once finished 
Select reboot

6. It will boot back into Android and everything is normal and nothing is erased

update_GTA_BUZZ_TV_ATV3900_7.1_STUCK-BOOT-FIX.img 741.89 MB · 1,289 downloads

Disclaimer: This file is sole made for XPL3900 bootup issue. Using this file for any other model will void your warranty.

hello i'm able to get into recovery mode but for some reason i cannot toggle up or down on my usb remote. how did you guys navigate through this part to select "apply update from EXT"?