Where are the Techies from Buzz?

I've read through a lot of the posts and see an awful lot of unanswered questions and correct me if I'm wrong little if any response from Buzz Tv employees (techies). Am I not reading this right?

Here's my question. 

I just purchased the 4500 series after having numerous issues with a 3000. Superior (4500) in many respects but I've seen manuals for inserting batteries into toys that were more detailed than the Buzz. Further some functionalities I liked with the 3000 seem to have gone by the wayside with the 4500. For example and this is really the question I would like answered is the TV shows I follow and are marked as favorites used to, with the 3000, reappear whenever a new episode did at the top of the favorites list.  This does not happen with the 4500.  I do not seem to be able to make this happen. Does anyone else know how to resolve this?

Gratefully awaiting suggestions

Thanks

no I dont think you are reading it right People get helped here and often in pm

Nice way to introduce yurself

I have all the buzz units and i have never heard of favourites moving to the top.

Edited by nbs.
  • Like 1

Hi

I have owned 2 different Buzz 3000's One black, the other Gold. Both seem to have different attributes in some ways. The Gold 3000 will show which of my favorites have updated with new episodes. I know it's it probably a programming thing in setup somewhere. My point is that not being a "Techie" and having to rely on my Very limited knowledge about how these things work,  a more detailed manual on setup would be wonderful. I'm 71 so I'm not literate when it comes to programming. I'm learning by myself.  I have tried Googling for a manual, I get lots of how great the 4500 is, how to plug it in etc. Unfortunately I could use more.

Can anyone point me to a manual?

Thank You

All the 3000s should be using the same software Some did get stuck updated from 1.6 to 2

While in live tv hit the menu button and post the version numbers at bottom

You will not see manuals on how to set up servers on the box from buzz as that would bring to bear legal issues

1 hour ago, onlt the brave said:

Hi

I have owned 2 different Buzz 3000's One black, the other Gold. Both seem to have different attributes in some ways. The Gold 3000 will show which of my favorites have updated with new episodes. I know it's it probably a programming thing in setup somewhere. My point is that not being a "Techie" and having to rely on my Very limited knowledge about how these things work,  a more detailed manual on setup would be wonderful. I'm 71 so I'm not literate when it comes to programming. I'm learning by myself.  I have tried Googling for a manual, I get lots of how great the 4500 is, how to plug it in etc. Unfortunately I could use more.

Can anyone point me to a manual?

Thank You

Try this

When in Live TV
Press Menu
Go to Configuration

Scroll down and Turn on Server Favorites

Do a reboot of the box.
This should fix the issue you're having.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, nbs. said:

All the 3000s should be using the same software Some did get stuck updated from 1.6 to 2

While in live tv hit the menu button and post the version numbers at bottom

You will not see manuals on how to set up servers on the box from buzz as that would bring to bear legal issues

Hi

I have the 2.0 version on the 3000 .

As for info on servers? That I get!

Also on my 3000 my daily updates of my favorites shows, 3 more of my favorites have new episodes all listed by date (newest first). On my 4500 the same favorites have updated but I have to search through all my favorites to see which have updated and which have not. 

I'm looking more for configuration. 

BTW I appreciate your help

Thanks

9 minutes ago, nbs. said:

Even if there was it would be in the next update

Thanks NBS

I'm going to assume that stream Box technology is in it's infancy. Since posting last I've read a lot of the threads on the 3000 and the 4500. Many (not all ) of the issues people ask about I have experienced, I've also noticed that many of the threads get either no or very few replies and it appears that a lot of those replies come from members. How much time would it take for a moderator to simply reply to a posted question? The sites name is "STBBuzz" is it not? In my business, if I get an email with a question? I reply.

If I don't have an answer I'll reply with an update on when they could expect an answer. I know this world is different than mine was. I see it even in the way people end their emails. No salutation, no ending, bang take it or not.

With respect,

JR

• 1 month later...