Using Ethernet when WiFi On don't Ethernet Speeds

Blackmagic

9 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

I re read the posts

You can only use one or the other at the same time. 

Wifi or Ethernet. 

And all your pictures + video only show ethernet connected and WiFi not connected

So am not really sure what you're trying to do?

they want it so once you plug in ethernet it disables wifi

so only way to get wifi again is to go unplug ethernet

real fun when everything is in a cabinet...lol

I have an IT company for the last 19 years asking why customers can't do tech things is a great question and if I had the answer there would be no need for IT work since everyone would know how to backup their computer, avoid getting viruses and not give money to email and phone scammers and would know how to connect to the Internet and troubleshoot Internet and connect TV boxes to their TV and how to scroll up and down with the BuzzTV ARQ 100 Air Mouse and know how to reboot computers and reimage devices and the list goes on and on.

So you ask great questions that I have no answers for. Only just to help my customers and make them happy to keep staying my customers! 

33 minutes ago, Blackmagic said:

I have an IT company for the last 19 years asking why customers can't do tech things is a great question and if I had the answer there would be no need for IT work since everyone would know how to backup their computer, avoid getting viruses and not give money to email and phone scammers and would know how to connect to the Internet and troubleshoot Internet and connect TV boxes to their TV and how to scroll up and down with the BuzzTV ARQ 100 Air Mouse and know how to reboot computers and reimage devices and the list goes on and on.

So you ask great questions that I have no answers for. Only just to help my customers and make them happy to keep staying my customers! 

I understand this
All sellers experience with customers vary.

Just in my experience doing this now for 8 years on just Android Boxes, and another 12 years in Consumer Electronics on top.

I have almost never experienced users wanting to switch between Wifi and Ethernet and vice versa.
When possible, ethernet will always be better then Wifi
I personally don't see how this is an issue, just explain to your customers to stay connected with one way for internet.  Either Ethernet, which always works best or Wifi if you can't do ethernet.

I also have 1GB Speeds at home, and get 975mbps over ethernet with my Wifi turned on and the network saying saved as well on my 4900
This varies throughout the day though, as its only up to 1GB speeds, so during peak hours I drop down to about 300mbps.

I don't see there being an issue we need to fix here?
Unless there is something am missing from all of these back and forth posts.

With all due respect when a customer is looking for an admin opinion like @Blackmagic is  it’s best to let them know where  a admin can be found and leave it at that instead of going back-and-forth with them I obviously understand that a open forum is where customers can help and give  advice to other customers but sometimes that’s not what they’re looking for they want help from somebody who is involved with the company not a customer’s point of view  on there issue 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My post isn't about how everyone should or should not handle customers to each person should run their business the way they choose too!

My support issue is that when you plug in a Ethernet Cord into the XRS 4900 they should get the speeds from the 1GB NIC card in the XRS 4900 No matter if WiFi is turned On or Off all other Android and Windows and Apple and Linux devices do that.

So I am asking if the BuzzTV developers can push a update to fix it.

It is a request not a complaint! 

7 minutes ago, Blackmagic said:

@Xhumeka I haven't tried that but that doesn't help fix my issue? The customer connects via Wired or WiFi and out of the box WiFi is turned on.

If you or the developers are trying to bug fix an issue, answers to questions like this might help determine root cause.