Wake from Standby Mode - No Live TV

Xhumeka

Just picked up my first BuzzTV box yesterday (the XRS4900) and love this unit!

One question I have however is related to stand-by mode, and watching live TV after waking.  It seems anytime I press the power button to standby/sleep, I need to reset the box completely before live TV works again.  I have tried putting in standby mode while watching live tv, as well as exiting the live tv app via the MENU button, and entering standby mode from the home page.  Either way, once pressing power again to wake the unit up once more Live TV no longer works (says stream is unavailable).  Once I restart the box completely (hold power button, select restart) I'm able to once again watch live tv.

Is this expected behavior?  Should I be powering the unit off completely instead of using standby?

I'm using a MAC address server if that matters.

Thanks, and again, GREAT BOX!!!

On 3/16/2021 at 9:49 AM, Xhumeka said:

Just picked up my first BuzzTV box yesterday (the XRS4900) and love this unit!

One question I have however is related to stand-by mode, and watching live TV after waking.  It seems anytime I press the power button to standby/sleep, I need to reset the box completely before live TV works again.  I have tried putting in standby mode while watching live tv, as well as exiting the live tv app via the MENU button, and entering standby mode from the home page.  Either way, once pressing power again to wake the unit up once more Live TV no longer works (says stream is unavailable).  Once I restart the box completely (hold power button, select restart) I'm able to once again watch live tv.

Is this expected behavior?  Should I be powering the unit off completely instead of using standby?

I'm using a MAC address server if that matters.

Thanks, and again, GREAT BOX!!!

go to buzz utilities and set power option to live tv

haven't used my 4900 for almost a week but started using it again after update

I just did a 5 minute recording while suspended

when recording was over light turned red

so I woke it and it went to live tv and I checked pvr and recording was there and was flawless

• Like 1

The issue I posted about originally still exists for me, but the new "refresh" feature added with the recent update fixes the issue quickly.

- Added New Refresh Feature to slide out menu, you can now refresh the channel list + vod/tv series lists quickly.

Edited by Xhumeka

16 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

The server you're using must be kicking your connection then after a certain # of hours.

I can replicate the issue immediately after powering-on, and it doesn't affect other boxes (which shall not be named) using the same providers (happens on any i've used).  It doesn't really matter for me because it's easy enough to refresh the connection, but if you want a video showing the behavior I can provide one.

-Fresh power cycle
-Connect to provider and watch TV
-Enter standby (either while watching TV, or by first exiting live tv using menu option)
-Wake from standby no live TV until refresh connection