XRS4900 & M3U

rssgmatt

m3u with URL should  work, but to try loading a hardcopy of a m3u file will not work as the app thinks it is looking for a URL.

It comes with a message that the URL is incorrect. Thing is thou that with a hardcopy, it is not the URL it should be looking for but the path to the hardcopy.

I have tested this extensively with the 4000 model and have just began testing with the 4900

I have not yet tried the URL on this 4900 model but have tried a hardcopy on the 4900 and the results I get are the same with the 4000 and the 4900 models, which is the message that the URL is incorrect.

I will try the URL here tonight after I get home from work.

So far thou the m3u hardcopy (file) option does not work

Edited by whacked

1 hour ago, whacked said:

m3u with URL should  work, but to try loading a hardcopy of a m3u file will not work as the app thinks it is looking for a URL.

It comes with a message that the URL is incorrect. Thing is thou that with a hardcopy, it is not the URL it should be looking for but the path to the hardcopy.

I have tested this extensively with the 4000 model and have just began testing with the 4900

I have not yet tried the URL on this 4900 model but have tried a hardcopy on the 4900 and the results I get are the same with the 4000 and the 4900 models, which is the message that the URL is incorrect.

I will try the URL here tonight after I get home from work.

So far thou the m3u hardcopy (file) option does not work

By hard copy

Do you mean from a USB?

1 hour ago, allaboutbuzz said:

By hard copy

Do you mean from a USB?

Just step back in the house  and yes I am referring to a M3U Playlist file (.m3u),which I have on a USB storage device.

This issue is not new,  I mentioned it some time ago. It's the same on the 4000 and 4500 models and I believe also on the xpl models.

We can use an m3u Playlist URL fine enough but we cannot load or use an  .m3u file accessed from a storage device.

Open the M3U Playlist slot and in the setup there is an option to Choose a File.

This does work seemingly correctly to find and choose an .m3u file from the storage device,  and the path to the file appears correct which appears in the Playlist Line, but when attempting to connect it then gives the error that the URL is incorrect.

So it seems that it is not even trying to read the file but is looking for the URL .....but the URL is not there because the path to the file is there.

This option I have seen work on other devices and have been using the same storage devices and the same .m3u files (I have an abundant amount of these all tested and working).

It is an important option to be able to use a hardcopy of a Playlist as apposed to the URL, because  we can edit them hardcopies to our liking .

I have done extensive editing with many copies and mostly with VOD selections... and have many separate Playlists sorted by category or by actor or by director and etc.... so you see where the need for this function to work would be handy  🙂

As it is now, I and the few people that use my Playlists need to shut down the Buzz box and connect another device  in order to use these Playlist hardcopies.

Another good function of a .m3u Playlist  is that we can find certain channels on-line and gather them up and place into one Playlist.

load that under the Choose File option and watch all them channels on one Playlist.

The options are endless with these .m3u files and an edited or non edited Playlist.

11 hours ago, whacked said:

Just step back in the house  and yes I am referring to a M3U Playlist file (.m3u),which I have on a USB storage device.

This issue is not new,  I mentioned it some time ago. It's the same on the 4000 and 4500 models and I believe also on the xpl models.

We can use an m3u Playlist URL fine enough but we cannot load or use an  .m3u file accessed from a storage device.

Open the M3U Playlist slot and in the setup there is an option to Choose a File.

This does work seemingly correctly to find and choose an .m3u file from the storage device,  and the path to the file appears correct which appears in the Playlist Line, but when attempting to connect it then gives the error that the URL is incorrect.

So it seems that it is not even trying to read the file but is looking for the URL .....but the URL is not there because the path to the file is there.

This option I have seen work on other devices and have been using the same storage devices and the same .m3u files (I have an abundant amount of these all tested and working).

It is an important option to be able to use a hardcopy of a Playlist as apposed to the URL, because  we can edit them hardcopies to our liking .

I have done extensive editing with many copies and mostly with VOD selections... and have many separate Playlists sorted by category or by actor or by director and etc.... so you see where the need for this function to work would be handy  🙂

As it is now, I and the few people that use my Playlists need to shut down the Buzz box and connect another device  in order to use these Playlist hardcopies.

Another good function of a .m3u Playlist  is that we can find certain channels on-line and gather them up and place into one Playlist.

load that under the Choose File option and watch all them channels on one Playlist.

The options are endless with these .m3u files and an edited or non edited Playlist.

PM me please

URL in the m3u Server Line is working fine, as expected.  Adding the full URL is time consuming as the URL is quite lengthy and typing in the URL there is a chance to make mistakes.

I have found that using the Total Commander File Manager and it's copy and paste functions, it makes the task so so much easier and then you are sure not to make mistakes in your type either 🙂

If anyone wants the directions to do this process , please do ask and I will post up a tutorial.

I was looking at that URL you have there rssgmatt and it does not look like an actual m3u URL , maybe it could be used in the XC/ API  server area ?

I could test it for you if you would like.

Send me a Private message if you decide so.

• Thanks 1

rssgmatt,  that M3u Playlist URL you sent me does work fine when copied into the m3u Playlist line.

Rodger that 🙂

I never tried it thru the XC/API line ,  but you can try that at your leisure 🙂

I have set your info you send me  onto self destruct mode , it will be permanently deleted 🙂

This is just an update with new information  to this thread.

I been working with allaboutbuzz thru back and forth messages.  And Allaboutbuzz did get this issue with the hardcopy (,m3u file) to work correctly.

The hardcopy of a Playlist, (which is an .m3u file)  placed  onto a USB storage device does indeed work correctly when choosing the file thru that 'Choose File' option box.

I have been attempting this with edited copies (.m3u files), and none of them worked, however they do work thru Perfect Player app.

Allaboutbuzz tried an un-edited copy and it work as designed thru that 'Choose File' option. So I tried that same un-edited copy and it worked correctly as designed  for me too.

So in conclusion, it must be something to do with only edited copies. Could be the encoding somehow was changed or a Directive has been moved or misplaced in the script. this will be looked at some more to possibly find the answer:)

But in the end, the option to 'Choose File' does work as designed, as long as the copy is not an edited copy (for now).

thnx allaboutbuzz 🙂

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, rssgmatt said:

Okay, so if I understand correctly- I go from the computer- copy the (.m3u) to a jump drive and then hard load it from a USB port on the  Buzz TV box.

Rjght?

You would need a hardcopy of that .m3u file to go that route.

That URL you sent me and i tested is only a URL and not an .m3u file.

If you paste that URL into your web browser on your computer , it may lead to a hardcopy of the .m3u file, which you could then download and then put on a hard drive device.

Otherwise you could simply paste that URL into the URL line in that m3u Playlist slot and that will work fine.

And If your service offers an EPG URL, then paste that in the line for the EPG

There are two methods you could use in this Playlist Server slot

One is by using the Playlist URL and the other is using the .m3u file  itself.

The EPG URL will work for the Playlist URL method and for the .m3u file method as well.

So if you have that EPG URL, then paste it in there, regardless of which method you will be using.

Edited by whacked

I am very pleased to announce that the BuzzTV team has fixed the issue with not able to load and use an .m3u file of a modified Playlist.
If you were to download a copy of 'traditional' .m3u file, and load it onto a USB storage device and then load that into the Buzz box and then enter M3U Playlist menu and seen there is an option to 'Choose File'.
So use that option and choose your file from the storage device. Next is to use the Connect option found there. It will connect and channels will appear.
BUT if I tried the exact same process with  my own edited .m3u files ,  but they would not work and always give me an error message.

The guys over at BuzzTV Team went thru some extensive testing with this procedure in the last 24 hours or so and I am very happy to say that they have fixed this so now my Edited Playlist copies work just fine on the BuzzTV 4900
I especially want to thank allaboutbuzz (Team member) whom listened to my explanation of the issue and walked thru it with his Team and fix it !
And most members that know me can a test to how I do ramble on sometimes

I am told this fix will carry thru to all the 4000 and 4500 and E1 models as well, and along with a few other added features.

Fantastic work BuzzTV Team!!

There is only one main advantage in using an hardcopy of a Playlist (an .m3u file).

It is that you can edit the file... add or remove channels, sort them and etc..

If you are not needing or wanting any of that then use the URL connection method or the MAC Server method. and no need for the hardcopy of the playlist, unless you plan on doing some editing.

The original Buzz5 software version that you may see on your new 4900
Version: 4.0.527 updated 02/19/21
Since then there have been 2 updates (4.0.528 and 4.0.529) and now a new beta version is being looked at.

To view the version information, open the Server Settings, then press the menu button.  A side-bar menu should appear with the version shown at the bottom.

To install an new update at this time, open a LiveTV channel and then

Menu > Server Settings > Check Updates

Once you select Check Updates, the update will automatically start and it will probably be the 4.0.529 version at this time.

You do not need a jump drive to update, but for the Edited copy then yes,  fat32 or xfat .... I believe needs to be the format on the USB storage drive

Edited by whacked

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, hash70 said:

This is without fail the worst bit of tech ive bought,support is no where in sight after sending countless emails,and not a single replied bck,$200 for a box and it won't load all my iptv channels,but the free tivimate does  installed on the same box,audio passthrough is totally f*ucked,only dolby digital will sometimes work,you can forget about dts/hd /d atmos it dosent work and confirmed by others,stutters everywhere because of no auto refresh rate,the firmware is a total mess,and kull media.com who I bought it from are ignoring all requests to have it returned forcing me to open a paypal dispute,even if all issues were fixed il never buy anything From buzztv again

too bad that  we all have it working pretty awesome. 🙂