Decoder initialization error ?

Mark7

Just a hint, when you post about an error, you should give a little more info.  Like what do you do do get this error ?  Was it working before and it just started, or is it a new installation and first time trying ?

Does it happen right at boot ?  Does it happen when you bring up LiveTV ?  When you try to play VOD ?  Or some 3rd party app ?  Are you sure it is not the service having issues (have you tried on another box, or using another app - like STBEmu or IPTV smarters, just to test) ?

Explain what you have tried until now ?  Have you tried changing Video players (from LiveTV, Menu, Settings, Configuration, and they are on top) ?  If available, in the same menu on the bottom, you may have a stream type (HLS/ M3U/TS), have you tried changing ?  

• Like 1

Okay, great advice, thank you Emporium. 

Was working okay before last update.

Starts at Start up. Shows error.

Using Buzz App on start up.

Stays on Live  Tv display for a few minutes.

This is a Error from the U5. 

No, I have not changed the Player. Why would I ?

I am just asking what this message is ?

Thank you, Mark7

18 minutes ago, Mark7 said:

Okay, great advice, thank you Emporium. 

Was working okay before last update.

Starts at Start up. Shows error.

Using Buzz App on start up.

Stays on Live  Tv display for a few minutes.

This is a Error from the U5. 

No, I have not changed the Player. Why would I ?

I am just asking what this message is ?

Thank you, Mark7

to see if it fixes the issue of course

• Like 2

its either server or internet connection.

are you wireless connected? if yes then check for internet connection.

or reboot your box and should be good if theres no issue on server end. 

just had fried little over month ago who was having issues with xr4000 shows connected but shows same error as you. so he was having issue every other day whenever he turn box on from suspend. once he switched to ethernet has no more issues.

hope the will help 🙂

• Like 1

Suspend should be used with caution.  Machine eventually needs a proper reboot to ensure all drivers load up cleanly.  Any tiny memory leak will just get compounded if you just keep using suspend all the time.  For the extra minute it takes, all my boxes are set for "shutdown".

And the reason I asked to switch players, is because some services work better with one player, and others are better with the other.  And many services sometimes tend to experiment with encodings, and what was working yesterday, may suddenly not be today.

If you are using WIFI and you can (at least temporarily) try with a wired connection, it can identify if it is a WIFI issue.

• Like 1

Hi guys, wired, 320 Mbps down load , 1 of 7 Buzz boxes running full time, All running on Buzz apps, No server issues, shows up on 3  different servers.

This is the only one displaying this Error as soon as it turns on. 

Thank you, Mark7