Won't power ON

Jason Reed

Receive new box (Classic).   Plug power source in. Red light shows in front of box.  I am unable to power on the box from either the remote or the power button on the side.  I've tried a long press both on the remote and the box itself but only the red light shows in the front.
I've also tried a hard factory reset at which point the BuzzTV logo comes up but just keeps flashing on and off.

Bottom line is I can't get the box to power on.  Has anyone come across this or do I just have a DUD!

NBS - I did do that.

I disconnected the power from the box. 

Pushed the pin in until I felt it clicked.....then while keeping the pin pushed in I plugged the power back into the box.  Kept the pin pushed in for a good 30 seconds and the only thing that happened was that BUZZTV symbol just kept flashing on and off on the screen.  I finally let go of the Pin and just got a blank black screen.

23 minutes ago, Jason Reed said:

@nbs - Yes I can hear it click when I push it in and keep it pushed in, then I plug it in.  The buzztv emblem comes on the screen then I release the pin which I hear it click upon the release and the screen just goes black.

you release when the android recovery screen comes up

@Emporium. Yeah I tried another TV and HDMI cable.  No luck.  the only difference on the other tv with another HDMI cable is that the Buzztv symbol just displays on the screen.  Just going to return the box at this point as I think I've tried everything to try and perform the hard reset with no luck.

@dishuser - Ya as soon as the buzztv symbol comes up I release the pin.  I've even held it down for 30seconds after the buzztv symbol comes up and it just keeps cycling off and on the screen but I can never get to the recovery screen.  Tried on two TV's and two different HDMI cables.  I have the buzztv xpl 3000 on one tv that works just fine.  Just this new classic box won't power on and cant get the recovery screen to come up.