BT 200 remote problem with XRS 4900

Ryadh10

Hi, i have problem with my remote bt 200 on my XRS 4900 since 2 weeks, the remote its not working at all, the lights on the remote are working and i can see like green light behind the batteries but the button do not work at all  i tried everything i could, put a new batteries nothing and even the program button  TV Power + Source so i wanted to know how the lights on the remote control work, but when I press any button nothing works?

Is the remote paired to the box ?  

The BT200 is both an IR and a BT remote.  The IR should work, just by pointing the remote towards the front of the box.  For the BT to work, it needs to be paired to the box.  Let's start with the IR.  If the box is not responding to it, first thing to check is that the IR LED on the front of the remote is working. 

The LED emits and IR signal.  You obviously can't see it, but the easiest way is to take your cellphone camera, then point the LED towards the cell phone camera and see if you can see the LED light up.  A cell phone camera can usually see the LED light up.  If that does not work, then the LED is burned out.  If the IR LED seems to be working, then it may be the IR receiver on the 4900 that may have an issue (but I doubt it, since you say even the learning buttons don't work).

If the IR (ie: pointing remote - is not working) If you have a computer mouse, you can connect it to the box, and then go to the settings, and select the remote and accessories option.  Do you see the BT200 listed there ?  If so, is it "connected" ?  If not, then delete the remote (if it is listed), and then select to "add" a new remote/device.  Press “OK” + “VOL - ” for 3 seconds until Red LED “breathing on”. Remote enters pairing mode. Device name is BuzzTV BT-200. You will need to have the 4900 in searching /add mode in order to fully pair the remote.

But if the IR LED is not working, and the box is still under warranty, I'd contact cs@buzztv.com

1 minute ago, Emporium said:

LOL.. OK, I give you that.  I made an assumption I guess we've all wasted too much time with 🙂

I just remember buying brand new duracell and remote was barely responsive if at all

out of 1.5 my tester showed .026

so they were new to me but very much stale...lol

• Like 1

on the video that i put there is button live tv and server button but the remote do not respond at all ,even pointing at the box  and i dont understand why on the video that i put you can see the remote is still working but dont respond not matter what  button i press, but before that it was working perfectly for more than one year i dont understand so what kind a problem is it if the remote do not respond at all?

Had you done the IR learning to program the TV power, source, VOL+ and VOL- buttons that are on the top of the remote ?

If not, maybe you can try it, to ensure the remote is working and it is not the IR receiver on the buzzbox itself.

1. Long Press the "TV Power" (red button) + “Source" (right underneath it) keys on the BT-200 RCU at the same time for 3 seconds until the Blue LED turns solid Blue. The RCU has now entered learning mode
  2. Press the key on the BT-200 RCU to be programmed, for example "TV Power" Key, the Blue LED will start blinking.
  3. Aim the TV RCU that you want to learn from towards the front of this BT-200 RCU (Distance less than 3cm). Press the button on the TV RCU that you want the BT-200 RCU remote to learn from. If the BT-200 RCU is programmed correctly the Blue LED on the BT-200 RCU will blink 3 times then turn solid Blue. This will indicate that you have programmed it properly.
  4. Optionally, Repeat Steps 2-3 for the "Source" button (or even the TV Vol+, TV Vol - if you want).
  5. Short press "TV Power" key + "Source" key at the same time on the BT-100 RCU to exit learning remote

If after programming the TV power button to the remote TV power button (red button), and it works to turn your TV on/off, then odds are that it is the IR receiver in the buzzTV box that is no longer working.  If it does not work, then it could be the remote itself.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update.   

Guess it happens.  i know I cringe every time I hear my remotes hit the floor when the wife forgets it's on her blanket and she rolls around.  Or when she is moving plates around the kitchen and it is sitting at the edge of a counter 😞  So far I have been lucky that none have failed completely, but there have been a few ties where they have completely come apart (but managed to clips them all back together).

• Like 1