Guide or EPG

Siddeley

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have been having problems with my EPG on my XRS4900 for the past week or so. The channel number on the EPG shows loading but I am getting the feed. Sometimes my picture will freeze but the sound continues on without the picture. I change channels and go back and that fixes it, shouldn't have to do that I would think My EPG has been on continually all day but the guide is not populating I get zero, one or two channels populated on each page and won't populate further not at all.

I have a XRS4000 on my other TV and it is working great but it is running a different version. Version running is 4.0.530  -  last updated- 07/12/2022 checked for updates and it says “No updates available.” I guess I will leave the 4000 as it, if it works don’t try to fix it I’d say. NOW TO GET MY 4900 WORKING WOULD BE NICE.

Try maybe creating another server entry on the 4900 for the same portal/user/pass, and see if you connect with the new profile if it is any better.

Sure you won't hav all your favorites and stuff for now, but at least we'll see how deep the problem may be. 

You sure the 4000 is not running on a cached EPG ?  I don't want you to clear the EPG on that just in case however.  I know my service has 7 days EPG, so even if their EPG server goes down for a few days, unless I reset my EPG, I am OK for a few days and won't even notice (unless my box was off for a few days and didn't have an up to date EPG already).  Sure there is no issue with provider ?

Account is MAC or XC API ?   If XC API, in configuration options, you can switch between xml epg and server epg, can you try switching from one to the other.. Then clear EPG again and see if it populates ?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dishuser said:

they won't lose their favourites

I never have

Didn't say thy would "lose" them.  But if they create a new server entry, it will not have all the favorites he had configured in the original server entry (sorry, clarification.. that is for XC API and M3U).  IF you are using MAC server, depending on the client/app and server you are using, favorites might be stored on the server side, so that way you would still see your favorites even if you use a different server entry as long as the MAC remains the same (which it would in this case).

9 hours ago, dishuser said:

I've deleted original and redid it and had favourites

I've edited credentials and when I went back to original my favourites were still there

Editing credentials, I have done it, and you don't lose them. 

But creating new server entry, mine have always started from scratch.  Maybe I had a typo on something which triggered a new entry.

35 minutes ago, dishuser said:

edited as in a different account

Yes, that is what I mean.  I used to buy one of my services from another seller.  Then when I got my own panel, at expiry all I did was change the username/pass, and everything remained intact.

• Like 1