Guide or EPG

Siddeley

Loading the guide.  I pick a random channel and bring up the guide, it says loading on all 8 channels on that page.  I timed it and it takes 13 minutes to load the 8 channels.

Nothing loads on the page above or below the one I am on.  I have left the guide on for an hour   and it does not

load information on any more pages only the page I am on. 

I did a factory reset just in case I messed things up somewhere when exploring settings.

Same provider for years, same subscription as used on the 3900 which took about 15 minutes to load all the channels. 

There had been some glitches at times but usually works.

Does everybody else have there guide load quickly?

This morning checked and the 4900 guide is still slower than the second coming.

Pulled the 4900 out installed the 3900 .

Cloned the 4900 mac address on to the 3900.

Connected went to live tv punched in random channel # hit guide and the page loaded withing 4 seconds.

Scrolled up and down pages in the guide and channels were being loaded.

Swapped 4900 in did a reset waited until the box was done.

Entered server address and connected.

Picked a channel hit guide had that channel on guide loaded took 4 minutes  10 minutes later still have 6 channels loaded still waiting for 2.

Half an hour later page down guide 1 channel loaded.  Page up 2 channels loaded.

It is not my provider that is the problem.   The box and or the software is defective.  the 3900 can fast load the guide

the 4900 cannot and as stated above this box does not have the fast load button shown in Live TV Menu.

I have pulled the 4900 out and replaced it with the 3900 using the cloned mac address from the 4900 and the guide loads extremely fast on it. 

The 4900 may not like how the provider sends the guide.  I do not know.  I don't have clue as to how it works.  Hopefully Buzz can figure out a work around

I would like to use the 4900 but I like to have a guide better so I will use the 3900 until a remedy comes.

19 hours ago, Siddeley said:

I have pulled the 4900 out and replaced it with the 3900 using the cloned mac address from the 4900 and the guide loads extremely fast on it. 

The 4900 may not like how the provider sends the guide.  I do not know.  I don't have clue as to how it works.  Hopefully Buzz can figure out a work around

I would like to use the 4900 but I like to have a guide better so I will use the 3900 until a remedy comes.

PM me please

Thanks

I noticed on my XRS4900 it takes quite a bit of time to load the EPG as well. I also have to manually scroll through the channel list for it to load in. It takes about 20-30 sec per page of channels to download the info. It appears that the box keeps memory of the EPG so it does not need to re-download after turning the box off and back on. The slow EPG loading may be a server side issue. I was not having slow EPG loading when using my XPL3000 though so it may be that the XRS4900 manages the EPG differently and the server does not like it. Hopefully the service providers update to support the new box or Buzz may have to update their app to fix this problem.

Edited by saggybeans